CSKA Post Match Thread

City1974 said:
Simply, our team is a very good team and can compete domestically, but we are finding out the team is not a great team and some of the players are not great players but very good players.

Toure is having such a poor season. At present his selection can mean we are almost down to 10 men from the kick off.

Silva has not performed yet in Europe as he has done domestically.

Dzeko has yet to find any real form this season.

Jovetic still needs to prove himself.

Aguero seems more subdued easily in European games.

The whole back 4 looks more exposed in Europe.

If we do not now qualify out of the group I hope we do qualify (finish 3rd) for the Europa League and take it seriously as a competition to win. More European games may help us develop, and a trophy is still a trophy (I am not of the believe that the Europa League, FA Cup or League Cup are minor trophies not worth winning, they are all worth winning as much as the Premier League or Champions League). If we are not yet good enough to win the Champions League lets show we can win a European competition, and considering the squad we have we should be able to cope with the extra European games on Thursdays.

The owners do want Champions League success, but this at present unfortunately looks quite some distance off, so we have to stick with the Manager and team at present and push for everything else this season.

Nice post.

eversince 76 said:
Slept over it, but it hardly helped. I'm still fuming about the childish unprofessional way we gave away what was a deserved and comfortable lead after a very good 1st half. And no, it's not Pellegrini, it's not his subtitutions. He had his plan worked out and it was 100% when his players cared to keep their concentration. Instead after 60 minutes of play you could see complency enter. Komapny tripping over easy balls, giving away the ball too easy, Yaya not caring to track back, Aguero vanishing, clumpsy moves ... it lasted about 5 minutes and they scored. From then on selfconfidence got lost, we weren't able to put in another decent pass. We were waiting for an accident to happen. And it did because we are Man.City and still carry this typical-tag with us in Europe. However soft the penalty was given, we should never had let it come to that point from the start.

We could have done some great business thanks to Bayern and the arrogant twats they carry in their boardroom. Of course we didn't take advantage. All we can hope for is for us to get in to the Roma-game with a chance to qualify. And we all know the outcome from that one. As for winning the Champions League, unless we realise we are lightyears behind the likes of Bayern, Real and Barcelona, we might stand a chance to go a bit further in this competition and maybe upset one of the big guns when it really matters. If we don't, I don't wanna bet on us beating CSKA at home, let alone Bayern. We are still in it, but it's the players that need tuning by having a good look in the mirror and stop thinking they belong in the CL by the stature of the money they collect every week. They don't and so far have never ever proved otherwise.

Done.
3 points at West Ham will do, thank you.

good post mate
pretty much sums up where i'm at, the second half performance is unless someone can correct me the worst i've seen this current team produce, even my six yr old lad was asking me "why are they giving the ball away all the time daddy"

I've slept on it and I'm still fucking fuming. Yes im pissed at our dogs hit attitude to the game second half in which we capitulated and yes, I'm pissed off with the gaffer who yet again manages to not get it right in Europe but most of all im still fucking fuming that we are being bent over by UEFA and having it rammed up our fucking arse off and on the pitch.

Win ugly and win when playing shit is the hallmark of champions according to so many and last night, despite how shit we were we still had more than enough to win the game and yet again it took a bent, corrupt ref to do UEFA's work for them.

Had that happened to the rags last night there would be a national fucking outcry this morning but no, it's moneybags city, fuck em and worse of all it appears many on here are beginning to swallow it and join in!

Fucking disgraceful and thank fuck for Vinny!

blueinsa said:
I've slept on it and I'm still fucking fuming. Yes im pissed at our dogs hit attitude to the game second half in which we capitulated and yes, I'm pissed off with the gaffer who yet again manages to not get it right in Europe but most of all im still fucking fuming that we are being bent over by UEFA and having it rammed up our fucking arse off and on the pitch.

Win ugly and win when playing shit is the hallmark of champions according to so many and last night, despite how shit we were we still had more than enough to win the game and yet again it took a bent, corrupt ref to do UEFA's work for them.

Had that happened to the rags last night there would be a national fucking outcry this morning but no, it's moneybags city, fuck em and worse of all it appears many on here are beginning to swallow it and join in!

+1

blueinsa said:

Have to agree with the last bit,if that had been any of utd,chelsea,arsenal or Liverpool the media would be up in arms over it,as its us they have a good laugh and ridicule us over it...

We still have a chance even after lasts nights disappointment . Players will hopefully look at themselves and improve . That's what has to happen from Saturday onwards. We still have that ability to tear teams apart . That's the positive thing . Defensively speaking MP must look at it carefully and see where we can improve . They've been leaking goals of late and that's alarming so something will be done but hopefully that won't stifle us in our attacking play . Attitude is crucial.
It's like a knife through my heart when they don't perform as well as they should . All of us feel it but we have to start again. Saturdays physical battle will reveal a lot . C'mon Blues . Fight !

TrueBlueMike said:
blueinsa said:

+1

+2

Can someone explain to me what use are the behind the goal officials. In both penalty claims they obviously agreed with the poor decision of the below par referee! Are they not put there to be extra pairs of eyes?
But that on one side we were poor in the 2nd half, as we were against Spurs.
Not blaming one person but it is time for MP to wake up to the fact that Yaya looks to be 'playing for away'...drop him for a few games and then get some money for him in January. We have had the best of him and he will be off to the African Cup of Nations anyway and missing games for us.
If we notice his lack lustre performances then so must his team mates.

Pigeonho said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Again, blaming other things for our own deficiencies is a sign of weakness.

Plus wasn't Zaba offside for our second? And besides had we played to a sufficient standard, we wouldn't have to worry about any other factors.
He is a wum.
Well said feather-brained one! Do you think all those who enjoy (or pretend to enjoy) the spectacle of City being cheated, denigrated, lied about and sneered at etc should flock together in a special coop to roll around in and celebrate their own malodorous droppings?

I still cannot see why Pllegrini doesn't just go with all 3 of Fernandinho, Fernando and Toure in Europe.... Its fucking staggering.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.