CSKA Post Match Thread

Kazzydeyna said:
bowieboots said:
5 Trophies in 5 years?. So if win nothing this year will we have a new manager next year?.
I hope not. However wondering where the blame is. Who chooses who to buy and how we play?
Pellegrini or the guys above,
I think we could get someone defensively minded and probably do better in Europe.
Tony Pullis could actually do well but would we be happy with his style.

Im happy at the moment winning Leagues and domestic cups.

That's a joke right?
I think it was meant to be sarcastic.

Winning the champions league is going to take Mourinho style football and tactics. Stay tight, well drilled, 10 men behind the ball and hit on the counter with pace and clinical finishing. The tika taka football we play has reached the end of it's cycle i'm afraid. The question is, would you accept Boring Mourinho-esque football in return for the champions league? Me personally? i'd rather we play good football and challenge for the premier league ever season. I believe our philosophy is the right one to have and if it means we miss out on the champions league then so be it.

citytill1die84 said:
John.des said:
What Mangala is doing at their first goal.

What was Kompany doing?

Always rated as a world class defender, but always found out in europe. A good defender, but can't organise for shit, he's no Maldini.

ninjamonkey said:
Winning the champions league is going to take Mourinho style football and tactics. Stay tight, well drilled, 10 men behind the ball and hit on the counter with pace and clinical finishing. The tika taka football we play has reached the end of it's cycle i'm afraid. The question is, would you accept Boring Mourinho-esque football in return for the champions league? Me personally? i'd rather we play good football and challenge for the premier league ever season. I believe our philosophy is the right one to have and if it means we miss out on the champions league then so be it.

Possession and passing-based passing football, which is basically what tiki-taka is, is not dead. Two of the best teams in Europe, Barcelona and Bayern Munich, used versions of it last night. It's all about how you play it and how you vary it. Pep's Bayern were incredible last night because they had Roma chasing shadows - the Pep way - but were also ruthless and direct, with weapons all over the pitch... Robben, Muller, Gotze. They showed imagination and creativity, passed well, and also worked hard and concentrated for most of the game. Pep looked pissed off at 5-1 for his team having conceded, so they raised their level again and won 7-1. Pep has managed to merge his style of football into another and is always changing things, since he is the best coach in the world. Pellegrini has to demand more from the players or start punishing them. How bizarre that our youth team set an example for the first team when it should be the other way around. 2 successive campaigns in the junior equivalent where they have looked fantastic.

ninjamonkey said:

What? Bayern just destroyed Roma with a advanced version of that "tiki taka"!! It requires 10 outfield players who can cover all the facets that make it work.

deano ou812 said:
The home game against CSKA should be interesting now,the players frustrated at their own performance and the injustice over the two pens,have a feeling this could be a big score....

Why would you think that ? We still haven't learnt how to play against European sides. It'll be a nail biter that's all I can predict.

cleavers said:
Jack Wills said:
In short, we need a few arrogant gobshite wankers to refuse to accept defeat or decisions against them.
It was our players arrogance tonight that cost three points (and 2 dodgy ref decisions, but mostly our players).

I'd argue it was more to do with too many players having a poor game at the same time. I can't think of one player that played well. Our passing was awful tonight for example I lost count of how many short passes Kolarov made forward that never got to a city player. They always seem to get intercepted or deflected for a throw in. Thought Navas bottled it, he was bought in to provide an attacking threat but never show any, never seem to want to get past his player, he seemed to always pass it back inside. Even the usual brilliant Merlin was below par.

We were shit in defense yesterday, as usual in the CL by the way. And in the second half they stopped. Pellegrinini has to do something to make the squad look like the champions of England.
4 years and still no progress at all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.