CSKA Post Match Thread

Kazzydeyna said:
To me, it's the players who should shoulder most of the blame. Yaya is, unfortunately in my opinion, one of the last of that group of players who believe they are doing us a favour by playing for us and as unpopular as this opinion may be, I think we should drop him for half a dozen games

Unfortunately, I've come to this same conclusion. I fail to understand how a player like Yaya can score for his country, and then play awful for his club.
What happened to his free-kicks? What happened to his surging runs into the box? What happened to taking shots?
It's been going on for a while now, not just this game...

Slept over it, but it hardly helped. I'm still fuming about the childish unprofessional way we gave away what was a deserved and comfortable lead after a very good 1st half. And no, it's not Pellegrini, it's not his subtitutions. He had his plan worked out and it was 100% when his players cared to keep their concentration. Instead after 60 minutes of play you could see complency enter. Komapny tripping over easy balls, giving away the ball too easy, Yaya not caring to track back, Aguero vanishing, clumpsy moves ... it lasted about 5 minutes and they scored. From then on selfconfidence got lost, we weren't able to put in another decent pass. We were waiting for an accident to happen. And it did because we are Man.City and still carry this typical-tag with us in Europe. However soft the penalty was given, we should never had let it come to that point from the start.

We could have done some great business thanks to Bayern and the arrogant twats they carry in their boardroom. Of course we didn't take advantage. All we can hope for is for us to get in to the Roma-game with a chance to qualify. And we all know the outcome from that one. As for winning the Champions League, unless we realise we are lightyears behind the likes of Bayern, Real and Barcelona, we might stand a chance to go a bit further in this competition and maybe upset one of the big guns when it really matters. If we don't, I don't wanna bet on us beating CSKA at home, let alone Bayern. We are still in it, but it's the players that need tuning by having a good look in the mirror and stop thinking they belong in the CL by the stature of the money they collect every week. They don't and so far have never ever proved otherwise.

Done.
3 points at West Ham will do, thank you.

Making a new 72 hour rule for myself. After any loss, I will not be getting on this website for at least 3 days... I really can't stand reading all of your f***ing ridiculous comments and complaints.

These players are competent enough to do well in the cl,but yesterday second half display was merely down to complacency and nothing else,infact the first half display was fantastic and we saw a great attacking display like how it is in the league.And second was as poor as it gets,dzeko lost the possession 3 times in attack at 2-0,yahya seemed to be trying a fancy pass every time ball came to him ,it was like a team decided to switch of together,These players can do it there is no doubt about it but its just the question of wheather we could keep our concentration and focus for 90 minutes,when your playing decent teams on European nights any switching of could prove very costly,bale display against Milan in his spurs days where he announced himself on world stage is a prefect example of what can happen
And whatever the result Atleast no body deserves the kind of abuse we get to see here,just because things don't go right doesn't mean players should be abused or manager should be outsed and these are the same ppl mostly who are heaping the same players as best In the world in case of a good result,be reasonable in appreciation and criticism ,and the season just started I guess ,have some f***** faith .

Bokonon said:
Making a new 72 hour rule for myself. After any loss, I will not be getting on this website for at least 3 days... I really can't stand reading all of your f***ing ridiculous comments and complaints.

Every cloud....

Bokonon said:
Well; seeing as you've only been here a few short weeks, I think we'll struggle along without you.

Premier league over Champions league every time. Really can't be arsed with it and by the way we played last night neither can the players.

uwe rosler 28 said:
TrueBlueMike said:
I think Mr Pellegrini needs to holds his hands up for this one. Playing 2 out and out strikers was naive, and massively underestimated the game CSKA would give us.

Having said that, Dzeko bar setting up Kun, did nothing all night and needs to up his game to warrant selection.

Europe with our current squad needs a midfield 3, with fern and fern holding and yaya pushed on. I had hoped we'd see it for a bit longer than we did tonight

Pathetic 2 up top put us in control u on here are clueless!

So your Idea of control is to let 2 strikers stay up the pitch contributing nothing, while the opposition are pressing and Yaya in a holding role gets completly bypassed time and time again. I think you need to understand what control means!

Simply, our team is a very good team and can compete domestically, but we are finding out the team is not a great team and some of the players are not great players but very good players.

Toure is having such a poor season. At present his selection can mean we are almost down to 10 men from the kick off.

Silva has not performed yet in Europe as he has done domestically.

Dzeko has yet to find any real form this season.

Jovetic still needs to prove himself.

Aguero seems more subdued easily in European games.

The whole back 4 looks more exposed in Europe.

If we do not now qualify out of the group I hope we do qualify (finish 3rd) for the Europa League and take it seriously as a competition to win. More European games may help us develop, and a trophy is still a trophy (I am not of the believe that the Europa League, FA Cup or League Cup are minor trophies not worth winning, they are all worth winning as much as the Premier League or Champions League). If we are not yet good enough to win the Champions League lets show we can win a European competition, and considering the squad we have we should be able to cope with the extra European games on Thursdays.

The owners do want Champions League success, but this at present unfortunately looks quite some distance off, so we have to stick with the Manager and team at present and push for everything else this season.

So many shocking performances, especially second half. Probably Milner and Silva's worst game for the club, Yaya put in his usual performance for this season, all 4 defenders fell asleep at times, Aguero struggled to ge involved and Dzeko completely fell apart in the second half. We don't look like a team at all in the CL, we don't look like we even know what we're supposed to be doing.

All that being said, we would probably have 9 points instead of 2 if we had fair referees. Silva's blatant penalty with 10 minutes to go against Bayern, Maicons red card in the first minute against Roma, then the red card/penalty in the first half then ridiculous penalty against us against CSKA. When you don't play well, you sometimes need a bit of luck, what you don't need is bad luck (if you think luck has anything to do with these decisions). For years our rivals have gotten bailed out from bad performances with dubious decisions in their favour, we seem to get the opposite. The crowd situation as well is clearly just a farce.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.