CSKA Post Match Thread

lancs blue said:
blueinsa said:
Chippy_boy said:
I was so fuming mad last night and like others probably said some things I shouldn't have.

But honestly all this blaming the ref is just rubbish. We started the game with the single objective of coming away with a win, no matter how, no matter what happens, only a win. And we failed. It's really as simple as that.

Ask yourself, would Chelsea have come away with a win? You know they would. So blaming the ref is a lame excuse. Really lame.

The thing that makes this slip up so acutely painful is that it's exactly the same shit they we keep churning out. Real Madrid away, Bayern away this season, Sporting away, Napoli away etc etc etc. We've seen it all so many times before and nothing seems to change.

A win, no matter how, only a win and we would have got it if not for the corrupt ref.

You can not account for a corrupt ref!
If you insist in piling all the blame on the officials rather than the players you should at least point out that we wouldn't even have got a point last night but for that "corrupt" assistant failing to flag Zab offisde for the second goal.
That's disingenuous. Zaba's offside was borderline, very difficult to see, a perfectly acceptable call to not flag as it was only after slow motion replays you could see he was a couple of inches offside. The penalty decisions, both the one not given and the one given, were clear as day, and the referee got them both horribly wrong. So, he's either corrupt or, as is more likely, he's shite and shouldn't be refereeing at that level. I mean, lets face it, how many high profile games does he get in the Hungarian league?!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Not so much the formation, although I still believe even Glenn Hoddle has it right when it comes to an extra man in midfield at this level, some players need to tweak their playing style.

In particular, Vinny, who might as well start now as he starts to get older.

He doesn't have to win every ball, he doesn't need to show that he has the ability to play his way out of trouble.

All he needs to do is take a couple of steps back in Europe and give himself a little more time.

A bit like the shambles which was the Brazil World Cup midfield, it can make top players look like clowns if you don't have the right balance.

Nice post.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
willipp said:
blueinsa said:
A win, no matter how, only a win and we would have got it if not for the corrupt ref.

We'd of won if Yaya hadnt done a stupid flick on the edge of the box, we'd of won if Milner had scored into an almost empty net. To blame the ref just deflects from the real problem last night, and that was the manager and the players, not the ref. Even if the ref hadnt given that penalty, all that does is cover the cracks of how we perform in Europe. Simple facts are that we arent good enough in Europe.

Toure did exactly the same thing at Hull. He was caught deep trying to play a stupid pass and the ball came right back in which led to the penalty.

We suffer more than most I think from individual mistakes. One mistake and we concede!

I just wonder whether the ref is desperately looking for a pen in the last ten minutes. Well, he fucking found one last night!

Mister Appointment said:
Never seen so many people so quick to throw their own club/players/staff under the bus whilst ignoring the OBVIOUS reason we lost.

They scored a goal from a penalty that never was. In the last five minutes. This more than anything else on the night dictated the result.

Matty got you started with his "was the only reason we ended up losing" comment, didn't he.

I think we drew mate.

Matty said:
lancs blue said:
blueinsa said:

If you insist in piling all the blame on the officials rather than the players you should at least point out that we wouldn't even have got a point last night but for that "corrupt" assistant failing to flag Zab offisde for the second goal.
That's disingenuous. Zaba's offside was borderline, very difficult to see, a perfectly acceptable call to not flag as it was only after slow motion replays you could see he was a couple of inches offside. The penalty decisions, both the one not given and the one given, were clear as day, and the referee got them both horribly wrong. So, he's either corrupt or, as is more likely, he's shite and shouldn't be refereeing at that level. I mean, lets face it, how many high profile games does he get in the Hungarian league?!

Surely if the officials were corrupt, then they would have given the marginal offside as offside. They didn't. Made mistakes yes but corrupt no.

Chippy_boy said:
Mister Appointment said:
Never seen so many people so quick to throw their own club/players/staff under the bus whilst ignoring the OBVIOUS reason we lost.

They scored a goal from a penalty that never was. In the last five minutes. This more than anything else on the night dictated the result.

Matty got you started with his "was the only reason we ended up losing" comment, didn't he.

I think we drew mate.

True, but lets face it, it feels like we lost doesn't it! 2-0 up and coasting, 2-2 at full time, largely down to a late, terrible, refereeing decision.

KnaresboroughBlue said:
Matty said:
lancs blue said:

Surely if the officials were corrupt, then they would have given the marginal offside as offside. They didn't. Made mistakes yes but corrupt no.

That's why I said it was more likely he was shite.

Matty said:
lancs blue said:
blueinsa said:

Yet if that offside decision had gone against us like the pens you and others would be lumping it in as more evidence of corruption.

Why can't some of you get to grips with the fact that we didn't win because of a piss poor 2nd half performance by the players and the manager, the late penalty should only have affected our goal difference, nothing else.

lancs blue said:
Matty said:
lancs blue said:

Yet if that offside decision had gone against us like the pens you and others would be lumping it in as more evidence of corruption.

Why can't some of you get to grips with the fact that we didn't win because of a piss poor 2nd half performance by the players and the manager, the late penalty should only have affected our goal difference, nothing else.

Don't tell me what I would or wouldn't have done.

If the offside decision had gone against us I'd have been annoyed but, ultimately, he was extremely marginally offside so can't really argue with it. If it had been a CSKA goal, and it had been allowed to stand I'd have been even more annoyed, as he's offside, but again, it's so close it's one of those calls you can understand the official not getting right.

The piss poor performance of City's team was a major contributing factor into the fact we threw away a 2-0 lead. However, despite City being really, really, poor, we were 2-1 up, with less than 5 minutes left, and with Hart not really having had too many saves to make. If CSKA don;t get that awful penalty decision then they only have 4 minutes, plus 3 added on, to score an equaliser. They possibly could have got it, but the safe money would have been on it finishing 2-1 to City. We shouldnb't have gotten ourselves into a position where the result could be swung by a terrible piece of refereeing but don't let that change the fact that the result was indeed swung on a terrible piece of refereeing and not on the performance of City. Our performance set up the situation, but didn't actually cause it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.