CSKA Post Match Thread

lancs blue said:
Matty said:
lancs blue said:
If you insist in piling all the blame on the officials rather than the players you should at least point out that we wouldn't even have got a point last night but for that "corrupt" assistant failing to flag Zab offisde for the second goal.
That's disingenuous. Zaba's offside was borderline, very difficult to see, a perfectly acceptable call to not flag as it was only after slow motion replays you could see he was a couple of inches offside. The penalty decisions, both the one not given and the one given, were clear as day, and the referee got them both horribly wrong. So, he's either corrupt or, as is more likely, he's shite and shouldn't be refereeing at that level. I mean, lets face it, how many high profile games does he get in the Hungarian league?!

Yet if that offside decision had gone against us like the pens you and others would be lumping it in as more evidence of corruption.

Why can't some of you get to grips with the fact that we didn't win because of a piss poor 2nd half performance by the players and the manager, the late penalty should only have affected our goal difference, nothing else.

So we have to be winning every game by at least 2 goals now every week just in case we get a ref mistake?

It's up to us to counter shit corrupt refs, rather than expect them to do their jobs in a professional manner with some moral integrity?

Never heard so much bollox in my life!

lancs blue said:
Matty said:
lancs blue said:
If you insist in piling all the blame on the officials rather than the players you should at least point out that we wouldn't even have got a point last night but for that "corrupt" assistant failing to flag Zab offisde for the second goal.
That's disingenuous. Zaba's offside was borderline, very difficult to see, a perfectly acceptable call to not flag as it was only after slow motion replays you could see he was a couple of inches offside. The penalty decisions, both the one not given and the one given, were clear as day, and the referee got them both horribly wrong. So, he's either corrupt or, as is more likely, he's shite and shouldn't be refereeing at that level. I mean, lets face it, how many high profile games does he get in the Hungarian league?!

Yet if that offside decision had gone against us like the pens you and others would be lumping it in as more evidence of corruption.

Why can't some of you get to grips with the fact that we didn't win because of a piss poor 2nd half performance by the players and the manager, the late penalty should only have affected our goal difference, nothing else.

I agree mate. The only thing I would add is, we weren't brilliant in the first half. They sat back and allowed us to dominate, but every time they attacked we looked wobbly. And the number of times we failed to make simple passes was just dreadful, first and second halves. Other than his through ball to Dzeko, Silva was dreadful by his usual magnificent standards, and that general sub-standard performance was echoed right across the team. Just really really poor.

blueinsa said:
lancs blue said:
Matty said:

So we have to be winning every game by at least 2 goals now every week just in case we get a ref mistake?

It's up to us to counter shit corrupt refs, rather than expect them to do their jobs in a professional manner with some moral integrity?

Nor have I. Get a grip man FFS with this corrupt refs shite. You're embarrassing yourself.

The worst thing about last nights result is that it has completely taken all the optimism of the fans away. The CSKA and Bayern games at the Etihad will not sell out and the atmosphere will be shocking. The Roma home game was one of the worst match day experiences I've ever had, 37,000 tickets sold is that a joke? We had better support in Europa League. Seriously considering not going to the home game against CSKA, the Etihad is my second home but on champions league nights I don't feel at home. Half the sodding time you are surrounded by away fans anyway. The guy sat next to me was wearing a Roma shirt and the stewards did nothing. When we trialled the singing section against Bayern and Villarreal that was borderline pathetic, we were quieter ffs! 37,000 sold for Roma, was it a capital one cup game or what? I'd actually take europa league now because at least we would have a chance of winning it. I hate CL nights at the etihad and last nights game has just set up CSKA and Bayern to be a Highbury Library. Fucking snoresville. And you know what the worst thing about it is!!!!!! I'm citys little woman, no matter how much they hurt me I'll go back. 4 years of disaster in the CL it's a fucking joke!!!!!!! I am a little woman... woohoo cheers i hate my life.... cheers Doumbia mate I'll see you at the Etihad because I know ill always come back to you. Tottttiiiiiiiiii the 38 year old zimmerframe man..... 1-1!!!!! Yeehaaa another 9-5pm day I've worked and City screw me over again.

blueinsa said:
lancs blue said:
Matty said:

Stop twisting my words - in the context of last night, yes we should have been out of sight when the penalty was awarded. That we weren't was entirely down to a shit 2nd half performance. We didn't even need to be on top form in the 2nd half, even an average performance would have been enough. Fuck knows I've seen plenty of shit from City over the years but I'm still fuming this morning about that 2nd half.

lancs blue said:
blueinsa said:
lancs blue said:

Stop twisting my words - in the context of last night, yes we should have been out of sight when the penalty was awarded. That we weren't was entirely down to a shit 2nd half performance. We didn't even need to be on top form in the 2nd half, even an average performance would have been enough. Fuck knows I've seen plenty of shit from City over the years but I'm still fuming this morning about that 2nd half.

That shit performance and it was shit, let's make no mistake was GOOD enough and it took a bent ref to give them something out of the game.

There's all sorts of reasons we didn't get the 3 points last night. The ref was certainly one but we should never have been in a position, when 2-0 up and coasting, to have been hanging on in the last few minutes. It's like that childrens' song about the dog chasing the cat that caught the mouse that ate the cheese...

The ref was able to give the decision because we stupidly gave away possession in a dangerous position, when there was no need to. If we learn to hang onto the ball and see games out then there's no problem. When we gave away possession the full back was way up the field beyond the midfield. If he'd been back then the consequences might not have been so bad. The full-back was up the field because we were far too gung-ho when all we needed to do was be a little cautious & hang on for the win. We were too gung-ho because that's the way our manager plays and doesn't believe in changing the system to suit the situation. Knowing that we are looking a bit vulnerable at the back, he should have kept control of the game after half-time and made it difficult for CSKA to play in that area in front of the defence. If Mark Hughes can do it with the players he has at Stoke then I'm sure we can when absolutely necessary.

I was a bit nervous when I saw we were going 4-4-2 last night but he had ot take a bit of a risk to get the start we got. Having got that start, to allow us to throw it away was criminal. Yes the ref played a part, as did the lack of a crowd and the temperature probably. But as we showed in 2011/2012, we have the ability to make shit refereeing less of a factor.

Bayern were shit against CSKA as well, the only difference being that they were given a penalty when they deserved one and weren't given one against them unjustly. Had they received the decisions we did, they would of lost that game 1-0. In any game that is a draw or a one goal win, the referee has the power to completely decide the game, which he did last night.

How many times have we seen the rags play shit but get away with it due to dodgy refereeing in their favour? I don't want dodgy decisions bailing us out, but it's not remotely unreasonable to expect fair refereeing to not hammer us every time we have a close game.

I keep hearing this, "we should never have been in this position" shit.

What position is that? Winning a game away in the CL 2-1 despite playing shit?

Honestly will some of you listen to yourselves!

We were fucking robbed yet again.

Well it's the morning after the night before and I still can't believe how shit we were in the 2nd half compared with the first. The change was so startling that one does actually have to wonder if Pellers and/or the players threw the game with the ref helping out at the death just to make sure.
It they didn't throw it - which I refuse to believe - then It is becoming quite clear that Mancini was right about the attitude of certain players. He couldn't get them moving the season after winning the Premier League and it's looking very much the same for Pellers this season. I'd love to be proved wrong but half our players look like they are either:
[a] Still on their holidays; or
Couldn't give a shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.