CSKA Post Match Thread

carlosthejackal said:
bitterblue said:
There are a few things things that make me wonder about our manager, I can't for the life of me understand why we don't go 1 up front and 5 across the midfield in all european games, especially as we have great attacking players in that dept. All the top teams play this way in Europe, you cannot afford to let even average teams in Europe outnumber you in midfield because most are adept at keeping the ball, Chelsea tonight at home for example played 5 across the middle.

I have also a few times wondered if our manager has personally been to watch our opponents play as some of his team selections have made me think he hasn't. Maybe he thinks he doesn't have to worry about them and just let them worry about us, which I think is unprofessional, if true.

The main reason we don't compete in Europe is our inability to work hard as a team to win the ball back when we lose it. We give teams too much time and room, our work rate as a team when trying to win the ball back, is nowhere near as good as Bayern, dusseldorf or Barcelona, and we won't do anything in Europe until the penny drops
I would say the only time we have looked anything like lsst season was against Chelsea, apart from that we have been at 70% .

I said Chelsea at home last night played 5 across the midfield, even against a weak team. The point being they could have played Remmy and Drogba upfront, but chose to take no chances and gain control of the game, knowing full well they had players in midfield who would eventually turn that control into goals, whereas we never once had full control of the game in Moscow as CSKA always looked dangerous on the break and we had big holes in front of the defence for them to sprint through .

blueinsa said:
lancs blue said:
blueinsa said:
So we have to be winning every game by at least 2 goals now every week just in case we get a ref mistake?

It's up to us to counter shit corrupt refs, rather than expect them to do their jobs in a professional manner with some moral integrity?

Never heard so much bollox in my life!

Stop twisting my words - in the context of last night, yes we should have been out of sight when the penalty was awarded. That we weren't was entirely down to a shit 2nd half performance. We didn't even need to be on top form in the 2nd half, even an average performance would have been enough. Fuck knows I've seen plenty of shit from City over the years but I'm still fuming this morning about that 2nd half.

That shit performance and it was shit, let's make no mistake was GOOD enough and it took a bent ref to give them something out of the game.

As Joe Hart said Kolorov's actions gave the ref something to look at.

It was milked for all it was worth but we see those actions penalised more often than they were a number of years ago.

I personally thought Frank milked his contact with the Spurs defender for all it worth as well but I am not going to do a song and dance when it is given in our favour saying the ref was conned blah blah blah.

I have said for along time now players are getting better and better at feigning dives and making the most of minimal or in some case no contact at all and you have to be smarter when defending to give the ref no thought other than the attacker has tried to con the ref deliberately.

I was more concerned at our inept defending that led to the their opener that gave them a sniff when we should have played the game out with comfort.

We have lost three points in three games that we only have ourselves to blame for pure and simple.

In short we have shot ourselves in the foot and it won't be because Roma are a better side than us that prevents us from progressing.

It will be because we are tactically naive and lack the mental fortitude to get the results we need and for the most deserve but for silly lapses in concentration, poor organisation and a fear of stuffing up the unstuffable.

BlueAnorak said:
Well it's the morning after the night before and I still can't believe how shit we were in the 2nd half compared with the first. The change was so startling that one does actually have to wonder if Pellers and/or the players threw the game with the ref helping out at the death just to make sure.
It they didn't throw it - which I refuse to believe - then It is becoming quite clear that Mancini was right about the attitude of certain players. He couldn't get them moving the season after winning the Premier League and it's looking very much the same for Pellers this season. I'd love to be proved wrong but half are players look like they are either:
[a] Still on their holidays;
Couldn't give a shit; or
[c] Overpaid, over-indulged c***s.

Edited for accuracy.

blueinsa said:
I keep hearing this, "we should never have been in this position" shit.

What position is that? Winning a game away in the CL 2-1 despite playing shit?

Honestly will some of you listen to yourselves!

We were fucking robbed yet again.

I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that we had a couple of key decisions go against us. But beyond agreeing about that, what's the point of banging on about it. Nothing will change just because we have a paddy over it. We can do nothing to stop poor refereeing, it's been this way for decades and it will never change.

We have to concentrate on things we can influence, not the things we cannot. Understanding why we threw a game and trying to fix it so we don't throw it again is a lot more sensible than just moaning about the ref or whatever current injustice takes your fancy. Let alone acusing the ref of being corrupt, which is just embarrassing.

Even in the first 20 mins i was nervous everytime we lost the ball up field. We are so easy to counter against. We then up the tempo and got the 2 goals. 2nd half we came out as if the job had been done, kept giving the ball away in dangerous area's . Needed a leader on the pitch to get the team going again. Yaya should be this player but does the totally opposite. It's so frustrating we got the talent just the application is not there at times.

blueinsa said:

we only have ourselves to blame no one else

Chippy_boy said:
blueinsa said:

I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that we had a couple of key decisions go against us. But beyond agreeing about that, what's the point of banging on about it. Nothing will change just because we have a paddy over it. We can do nothing to stop poor refereeing, it's been this way for decades and it will never change.

We have to concentrate on things we can influence, not the things we cannot. Understanding why we threw a game and trying to fix it so we don't throw it again is a lot more sensible than just moaning about the ref or whatever current injustice takes your fancy. Let alone acusing the ref of being corrupt, which is just embarrassing.

Not surprised you're so wrapped up in the blame game you can't see what an enormous contradiction that post is.

If you want to understand why we lost you need to look at the referee's decision making. If you can't see that then you're blind.

Last year we were just the best of a shite bunch of English teams, this year were probably gonna end up second. We're so over rated by everyone, just attack us and you'll probably get a goal. Such a pedestrian team and that really fucks us when teams start to dominate we just fall to pieces and can't get out of our own half.

Armaan said:
Last year we were just the best of a shite bunch of English teams, this year were probably gonna end up second. We're so over rated by everyone, just attack us and you'll probably get a goal. Such a pedestrian team and that really fucks us when teams start to dominate we just fall to pieces and can't get out of our own half.
Agree. When teams press us, we don't have a clue what to do just hoof it up field and opposition regain possession. If CSKA had been on the front foot from the start they would have done serious damage to us in the first half. Second half they did that and they were better team in 2nd half.

Mister Appointment said:
Chippy_boy said:
blueinsa said:

Not surprised you're so wrapped up in the blame game you can't see what an enormous contradiction that post is.

If you want to understand why we lost you need to look at the referee's decision making. If you can't see that then you're blind.

Was the referee at fault for the first goal? Or the inept performance in the second half?

We deserved nothing out of that game on the second half performance alone, stop looking to pass the blame to someone else

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.