CSKA Post Match Thread

Jack Wills said:
Too many players off form or just looking like they can't be arsed. This is making it harder for those trying like Sergio and Demichelis.

Also recent signings haven't really been good enough. We've not bought a real A lister since Sergio and it's starting to show.

Yaya just not himself this season, with him being such a key player last year it's caused a big drop in performances, we just can't rely on him right now. Fernando, early days, maybe he'll come good but he's not exactly young and so far hasn't been anywhere near good enough. Fernandinho looks like he left his footy boots and passion on the 7-1 pitch in Brazil.

Navas, quick but not good enough. He's no Reus or Bale or Sanchez. That's the level we need.

Clichy, despite his derby performance seems to have forgotten how to defend. Zabaleta nowhere near as good as last season.

Dzeko, always been a confidence player, hard for him in and out the side and his poor first touch does him no favours. He can get away with it a bit when we're firing on all cylinders, but at the moment he can look well off the pace.

So a number of players below par for different reasons and the sum is we're short on confidence. Pellers doesn't seem the type to instil passion and belief, which is what we need right now. These players bar one or two won us the double a few months ago, they can't suddenly be shit.

It's also tougher in the league because we haven't strengthened whereas Chelsea signed two players we could desperately have done with. If the FFP restrictions are gone in summer we need to sign 2 or 3 players who will significantly improve the first team.

They also signed a manager we could desperately have done with

f98411fb0f17b5e38f0085b06fd44a5c.jpg

moomba said:
Clear penalty

Compare the Kollers pen in Moscow and the Sergio one tonight! The Greek ref bore no gifts for us tonight. He reffed that match as though the Uefa preferred outcome was as clear as day.

We played like turkeys, but why, of all the matches I've seen in the European Cup and The Champions League do we get one referee after another who has the worst and most appalling match of their career. Seriously, if the refs we get for each CL match reffed like that in their own domestic league they wouldn't last a season.

No pace, no urgency, little risk. Players who were outstanding on Sunday seem to think they are playing for The Golden Lion! That CSKA team would be scratting around for any point they could lay their hands on come April in the PL, but in the CL we make shite teams look impressive.

As Joe Mercer might have put it: I thought I'd seen every shit decision but Mr Papadopolous gave us a few more.

Passing from A to B, to C and back to A frightens the shit out of no one! They are ever so comfortable with it, we should stuff them because they are probably laughing off their arses at how pedestrian the Champions of England are! I'm going to bed!

The positive out of tonight - Bayern won!

Jack Wills said:
Too many players off form or just looking like they can't be arsed. This is making it harder for those trying like Sergio and Demichelis.

Also recent signings haven't really been good enough. We've not bought a real A lister since Sergio and it's starting to show.

Yaya just not himself this season, with him being such a key player last year it's caused a big drop in performances, we just can't rely on him right now. Fernando, early days, maybe he'll come good but he's not exactly young and so far hasn't been anywhere near good enough. Fernandinho looks like he left his footy boots and passion on the 7-1 pitch in Brazil.

Navas, quick but not good enough. He's no Reus or Bale or Sanchez. That's the level we need.

Clichy, despite his derby performance seems to have forgotten how to defend. Zabaleta nowhere near as good as last season.

Dzeko, always been a confidence player, hard for him in and out the side and his poor first touch does him no favours. He can get away with it a bit when we're firing on all cylinders, but at the moment he can look well off the pace.

Sick of people using FFP as an excuse - we spent around 50milll in 2012 on sh*te and in the last window we actually ended up in profit. Arse brought Sanchez for the money we spent on Managala. We have expected the same group of players Zab , Komps silva, Yaya and Aguero to carry the rest of the team for four years. The aren't all playing at their peak and now the rest are being found out. Who ever is running our transfer policies is seriously getting it wrong we haven't really strenghened since 2011.

That aside doesn;t account for the fact that players who are normally technicaly good were f'in garbage tonight

So a number of players below par for different reasons and the sum is we're short on confidence. Pellers doesn't seem the type to instil passion and belief, which is what we need right now. These players bar one or two won us the double a few months ago, they can't suddenly be shit.

It's also tougher in the league because we haven't strengthened whereas Chelsea signed two players we could desperately have done with. If the FFP restrictions are gone in summer we need to sign 2 or 3 players who will significantly improve the first team.

Marvin said:
deano ou812 said:
Complacency is the only thing I can come up with,some players have peaked and levelled out..only other reason for the players suddenly being a shadow of what they were last season bar one or two,is behind the scenes do the players know something or certain players that something is going on that the media and fans hasn't got hold of........oh fcuk I don't know ......
It's tempting to believe its complacency. It certainly looked that way, but we've been playing like absolute mugs in Europe for a long time now

It's well and truly entrenched in the psyche of the players. They looked fatalistic from the very first minute

Players like Vincent Kompany, Hart, Zabaleta should be stronger than this. What's lacking is leadership on the pitch.

For 4 seasons we have come across like some straw sucking country rubes with cow shit on our shoes whilst trying to work out what fork to use in this here swanky restaurant.

Or mugs if you prefer the short version.

RandomJ said:
jimharri said:
The lowest point since the 8-1?

I haven't felt this low supporting City in ages. I was really looking forward to this season but I honestly can't wait for it to end now. Fed up.
Now come on brighten up.
If we fail to qualify and finish bottom of the group we will be able to keep our players fresh for the Premiership and the FA Cup while the other three English teams still playing European games are getting distracted.

Astley Lad said:
A guy came on the radio on the way home and made what I thought was a valid point. It's obvious UEFA don't respect us as a club and the other clubs are aware of that as I'm sure are the officials, it may well also be that we are aware of it. The upshot is, we possibly approach the matches with the wrong attitude, teams definitely seem to be 'up for it' when they play us and they appear to benefit from some dubious refereeing decisions, all of which appears to impact negatively on us and positively on the opposition.

Then make other teams, UEFA and officials respect you. No one respected us in the PL remember? Two titles changed that. Success changes perceptions. Work out how to play the refs. Work out a system that works against big and small teams. Standing there crying about it just means you will get shat on even more next time. The only ones who can change this is ourselves.

I've not come on here to slag City off, others can do that.

Just to say CSKA looked a very good side, especially their passing..... give them some credit.

We are STILL third in the league, with FA cup to come, don't put your heads in the gas oven just yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.