Cup final tickets SOLD OUT

Blue Mooner said:
Its a difficult one but I think the cup scheme has rewarded those fans who are the most loyal today and they need to be recognised,

My bro's missus has a seasoncard but never goes to aways or cup games but has had a s/card since the new ground opened.

I rang for her this morning got through after 45 minutes then discovered she was 10 points short of 3250 - should she get a ticket over a seasoncard holder who is actively going to cup games and possibly aways from this season so is clearly a more 'active' and loyal supporter as it stands.

Its a tough one and we have missed out as a result but I can see this both ways. The club needs to do something to get cup crowds up and to get these perenniel s/card holders who can afford to buy a season card but don't go much outside of home games to start going to other games.

I' have just over 4000 points and got my ticket on Monday, but I totally disagree with your statement about the CDS.
As a season card holder I commit myself to the 19 home league fixtures knowing I will miss between one and three matches. I also have attended all the home cup matches this season without being in the CDS. I didn't know that you were firstly awarded 200 points for being in the CDS and NO ONE knew that CDS subscibees would be given priority on semi final and final tickets above people with far more LOYALTY points.
Now, if you're going to ask me why I'm not in the CDS and have gone to every cup game at home...
The CDS guarantees your seat at the stadium, thus it saves the person from having to ring or call into the ticket office to purchase a match ticket.
My S/C is for the third tier, which inevitably isn't open for most cup matches, so the club would allocate me a seat which I probably would want to change, so I'd have to ring or call in at the ticket office so no saving of any hassle, in fact probably more.
I much prefer to choose my own, which I do by logging onto the club's website.
For me it's easier to not be in the CDS and for the semi final I felt that I was punished for not being.

law74 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Rubbish. If I choose to give my ticket to a mate that's my business. It's a ticket I'm entitled to as of right, as I have the loyalty points. The law says I am entitled to re-sell it at face value.

The people getting the tickets from OSC's would not be entitled to them under normal criteria. The whole OSC ticket thing is an anachronism from the days when tickets weren't even sold over the telephone. Plus my suspicion is that they were used to "bribe" branches not to rock the boat. The original OSC stood by and did nothing when Swales was wrecking our club because they wouldn't get involved in politics. Some supporters!

That is why the Centenery Supporters Association was set up, but at the end of last year the Club (MCFC) managed to get both groups back under the same umbrella, as a bigger better supporters association to help fellow blues attend games etc.
These would be blues who don't have telephones, internet access, cars, access to buses, etc? I'm a member of an OSC but if I want tickets I do what most other people do and either log-in to my account (for home Cup games), ring up or go down to the ticket office. If you're talking about travelling to games then fine.

And the club wanted the CSA branches back under the OSC umbrella because the more centralised OSC structure made them easier to control, not for the benefit of supporters.

The Pink Panther said:
Blue Mooner said:
Its a difficult one but I think the cup scheme has rewarded those fans who are the most loyal today and they need to be recognised,

My bro's missus has a seasoncard but never goes to aways or cup games but has had a s/card since the new ground opened.

I rang for her this morning got through after 45 minutes then discovered she was 10 points short of 3250 - should she get a ticket over a seasoncard holder who is actively going to cup games and possibly aways from this season so is clearly a more 'active' and loyal supporter as it stands.

Its a tough one and we have missed out as a result but I can see this both ways. The club needs to do something to get cup crowds up and to get these perenniel s/card holders who can afford to buy a season card but don't go much outside of home games to start going to other games.

I' have just over 4000 points and got my ticket on Monday, but I totally disagree with your statement about the CDS.
As a season card holder I commit myself to the 19 home league fixtures knowing I will miss between one and three matches. I also have attended all the home cup matches this season without being in the CDS. I didn't know that you were firstly awarded 200 points for being in the CDS and NO ONE knew that CDS subscibees would be given priority on semi final and final tickets above people with far more LOYALTY points.
Now, if you're going to ask me why I'm not in the CDS and have gone to every cup game at home...
The CDS guarantees your seat at the stadium, thus it saves the person from having to ring or call into the ticket office to purchase a match ticket.
My S/C is for the third tier, which inevitably isn't open for most cup matches, so the club would allocate me a seat which I probably would want to change, so I'd have to ring or call in at the ticket office so no saving of any hassle, in fact probably more.
For me it's easier to not be in the CDS and for the semi final I felt that I was punished for not being.

According to Danny Wilson at City we have 2000 or so CDS members with less than 3000 points. We have around 8000 altogether.

Next season how many will we have and how many will be people with less than 3250 points? I would suggest most will join in finances permit as that was what ultimately cost them.

I dont want to join this CDS but feel I have no choice next season as I dont want another 10,000 to leapfrog me points wise.

What if 20,000 join? Basically that means people with 5000 plus points but not in scheme could miss out on big game tickets should we get there.

Its clever marketing by City to get revenue up for cup games but I dont like it. I have missed a couple this year and even if I pay upfront I will probably miss a couple next year. The club are not bothered if you turn up or not. Revenue is the only thing that matters now.

Re: final tickets sold out!

tamsie said:
I feel very sorry for any blue with 3,400 points not getting a ticket its wrong. They cant be 11,000 ahead of him. The club needs to lets us know how many they kept I have heard its 3,000 but it may be more based on them selling out at this point

I got mine Monday but I'm gutted for all those over 3,250 I thought you were certain of tickets can the cup scheme have played apart ?
Only gutted for them over 3,250. What about us below. Had my season ticket since 76 when i left school, home and away year in year. Due to family and work couldn`t go away games any more. Then the points system came in. Absolutley gutted. But good luck to all you with tickets, the FA are the problem. Come on you Blues!!

I can't qoute posts as I'm on my phone, but Prestwich Blue is spot on

Are these blues incapable of sorting out tickets for themselves so the join the OSC

No, some OSCs are a cartel organised to enable a small number of SC holders to artificially keep their points high without having the hassle of bothering with actually going to some away games

That is fact, it has happened to two of my mates and has been repeated on here by others that it's happened to

No it's not all OSCs and not all members, but it does happen and it is an unfair practice

As expected 'he' didn't let me down.

1500 loyalty points, doesn't go to away games, isn't in the cup scheme, but he's had a season ticket for a few seasons.(give him that)

Told me he's got a ticket for the final. He also got one for the semi final. Didn't have to queue up or phone. He's in a OSC branch. (he's going to the roundabout again)

Haven't met Cookie, he's to high up for mere mortals like me. I've met Danny though, and he comes across as a decent and genuine guy,

You've go to sort this s*** out lads. The OSC's are taking the piss out of genuine City fans who have done the rounds, got the loyalty points, and are being ripped off by other OSC members.(who haven't)

Enough is enough.

Bang on jrb

Expect to be told about all the charity work the members do

Clearly it is impossible to do charity work if you are not in a club

Just like you can't pick up a phone if you are in one

The Pink Panther said:
Blue Mooner said:

Don't get me wrong I think you will always find someone that lost out unjustifiably as a result of the CDS incentive. I also think it would have been better to have announced this incentive at the start of the season, then I would have joined also.

I also went to every cup game but didn't join the CDS because with work I can't always guarantee I can get to a midweek game. This year it just so happened I could.

That said, there are thousands of season card holders (my bro's wife included) who buy a season card year in year out because they can afford to but then rarely attedn any other game and at times miss a fair few home prem games as well. That's their prerogative and the reason wmy bro buys it for his missus is for exactly the scenario that has just played out (Big cup games & Cup finals) so under normal circumstances she would have got a ticket fo the final having been a relative part timer.

I think the CDS has rewarded the more recent s/card holders (who may have had a break for a few seasons because of studies, geography etc etc) but are now regular attendees to all cup games and probably aways and are a much more active fan that my bro's other half.

tbh I can understand why they've done it because there are 10,000's of season card holders (appreciate you're not one) who clearly just can't be bothered with cup games and then suddenly want a ticket when we get to the final. Hopefully next season because of what the club have done they will be more motivated to go to these cup games next season and stop te embarrassment of a half empty stadium for cup games.

I prefer this approach of using the carrot rather than the stick like the rags where they make the purchase of cup games compulsory just to renew your season card.

Prestwich_Blue said:
law74 said:
That is why the Centenery Supporters Association was set up, but at the end of last year the Club (MCFC) managed to get both groups back under the same umbrella, as a bigger better supporters association to help fellow blues attend games etc.
These would be blues who don't have telephones, internet access, cars, access to buses, etc? I'm a member of an OSC but if I want tickets I do what most other people do and either log-in to my account (for home Cup games), ring up or go down to the ticket office. If you're talking about travelling to games then fine.

And the club wanted the CSA branches back under the OSC umbrella because the more centralised OSC structure made them easier to control, not for the benefit of supporters.

Or Blues that are exiled away from manchester that want to share travel costs, booking fees, credit card charges, sit with mates etc, and yes, there were times when my name was used to obtain tickets when I couldnt go, but that would have been to ensure that we had enough to fill our transport to and from the game, much the same as if the same four people normally share a care for an away game and one cant go they would give their ticket to a mate to ihelp keep the costs down.
The merger between the CSA and the OSC had a LOT of different reasons, and if i am wrong here, i am sure either Alex or Howard will correct me, the main issues that caused the seperation (other than forward with Franny), were dealt with before the CSA came back "into the fold"

Re: final tickets sold out!

totallywired said:
tamsie said:
I feel very sorry for any blue with 3,400 points not getting a ticket its wrong. They cant be 11,000 ahead of him. The club needs to lets us know how many they kept I have heard its 3,000 but it may be more based on them selling out at this point

I got mine Monday but I'm gutted for all those over 3,250 I thought you were certain of tickets can the cup scheme have played apart ?
Only gutted for them over 3,250. What about us below. Had my season ticket since 76 when i left school, home and away year in year. Due to family and work couldn`t go away games any more. Then the points system came in. Absolutley gutted. But good luck to all you with tickets, the FA are the problem. Come on you Blues!!

Have you checked your points? Had mine as long, rarely do away games but all the home cup ones and have far more than that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.