Cup final tickets SOLD OUT

goat867 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
No - it's natural that the club rewards fans who go to as many games as they can, not ones who join clubs so they can get tickets when they feel like it.

True but you must see that the club has a commitment to the supporters clubs aswell. I am part of a branch myself however I got my ticket through my own loyalty points. My OSC had an allocation of 16 tickets which is very few really and I know those ticket will go to those who could not otherwise get hold of one but thats the perk of joining one in the first place. Its in the clubs interests to give the OSC tickets because if they could have their own way they would probably have every City fan in the world be a part of one.

I'm also part of 1 mate and me my dad & 2 friends had to get them ourselves due to only being given 16. I always order through the club so everyone is sat together we go to pretty much every away game. Theres only the odd few who will get tickets for major games without a s/c or a c/c how many season tickets holders do u know that would give there tickets away? I don't know any.

BringBackSwales said:
goat867 said:
The people in the OSC's are ordinary fans and are part of organisation that is supposed to represent that. I understand people being dissapointed about losing out to tickets for people with less points but its in the clubs interests to give tickets to the OSC in order to attract more members in to them. The number that is given to each club is not a huge one and I dont think more than 500-1000 maybe are given to the OSC as a whole, as I said earlier my own club only received 16 and they were handed out to those in the club who were went to the most games. A bigger problem is corperate tickets that the FA dishes which amounts to about 40% of the ground.

ONLY 16? Thats 16 per branch given to people in the branch who do not have enough LOYALTY points (not turning up for meetings) - scandalous. I do not need to be in an OSC to LOVE CITY and thankfully I am ok cos I had enough loyalty points for day 1, but I really feel for those on the border line who have missed out to people with less points but who are well in with the top knobs in an osc branch. Fucking scanadlous and makes me really angry. And then you come on here and say "only 16" - frigging joker

You have no idea how many of those 16 had enough points for a ticket. One thing is certain though - the club had 16 tickets with enough points to buy a ticket. If they have used that ticket, the person whos ticket it is can not buy another ticket, so more than likely the person getting in to Wembley with it is the person with enough points.

There will be people who manage to get one through osc's but its exactly the same as someone who isnt in the osc using there ticket and giving it to there mate. Why isn't there uproar about that?

awest said:
rassclot said:
if this is right name & shame the branch involved.

The club can't do anything because the tickets are given to the branch in bulk. A list is sent in by the branch with the details of the members who have the points required. That list can comprise of 6 people who have no intention of going. Those 6 tickets are then given to billy best mate with no points.

One branch sent in details of 3 ex-members to try and swindle tickets. One of the 3 ex-members turned up at the ticket office to buy his ticket to be told, "your branch has got you one" he obviously knew the branch had kept his details and used them. He got sorted out but i don't know if the branch have been suspended.

This is a scandal and needs sorting out

that is shocking. bang out of order

bluesmith said:
Its exactly the same as someone who isnt in the osc using there ticket and giving it to there mate. Why isn't there uproar about that?
Rubbish. If I choose to give my ticket to a mate that's my business. It's a ticket I'm entitled to as of right, as I have the loyalty points. The law says I am entitled to re-sell it at face value.

The people getting the tickets from OSC's would not be entitled to them under normal criteria. The whole OSC ticket thing is an anachronism from the days when tickets weren't even sold over the telephone. Plus my suspicion is that they were used to "bribe" branches not to rock the boat. The original OSC stood by and did nothing when Swales was wrecking our club because they wouldn't get involved in politics. Some supporters!

Prestwich_Blue said:
bluesmith said:
Its exactly the same as someone who isnt in the osc using there ticket and giving it to there mate. Why isn't there uproar about that?
Rubbish. If I choose to give my ticket to a mate that's my business. It's a ticket I'm entitled to as of right, as I have the loyalty points. The law says I am entitled to re-sell it at face value.
Its exactly the same the ticket the club uses has enough loyalty points, you are just substituting the OSC for yourself.

If I had enough point and was not going and all my mates were sorted, why can i not say to the chairman use my ticket and get another member a cup final ticket, when an individual who isn't in a OSC can say I'm not going to that game I will give my ticket to someone else. There is no difference.

Well i have a seasoncard,but not the required points to have been anywhere near getting a ticket.It's tough shit,but i ain't gonna start banging on about it.I'll make the trip to Wembley with my lad,and just try and soak up the atmosphere around the ground before finding a pub to watch it in.

Prestwich_Blue said:
bluesmith said:

The people getting the tickets from OSC's would not be entitled to them under normal criteria. The whole OSC ticket thing is an anachronism from the days when tickets weren't even sold over the telephone. Plus my suspicion is that they were used to "bribe" branches not to rock the boat. The original OSC stood by and did nothing when Swales was wrecking our club because they wouldn't get involved in politics. Some supporters!

That is why the Centenery Supporters Association was set up, but at the end of last year the Club (MCFC) managed to get both groups back under the same umbrella, as a bigger better supporters association to help fellow blues attend games etc.

BringBackSwales said:
goat867 said:
The people in the OSC's are ordinary fans and are part of organisation that is supposed to represent that. I understand people being dissapointed about losing out to tickets for people with less points but its in the clubs interests to give tickets to the OSC in order to attract more members in to them. The number that is given to each club is not a huge one and I dont think more than 500-1000 maybe are given to the OSC as a whole, as I said earlier my own club only received 16 and they were handed out to those in the club who were went to the most games. A bigger problem is corperate tickets that the FA dishes which amounts to about 40% of the ground.

ONLY 16? Thats 16 per branch given to people in the branch who do not have enough LOYALTY points (not turning up for meetings) - scandalous. I do not need to be in an OSC to LOVE CITY and thankfully I am ok cos I had enough loyalty points for day 1, but I really feel for those on the border line who have missed out to people with less points but who are well in with the top knobs in an osc branch. Fucking scanadlous and makes me really angry. And then you come on here and say "only 16" - frigging joker

Your missing my point. I agree with you that it is better and also correct that those with the most loyalty points get the tickets. What I am saying is that the club has an obligation to do this because of the ties it wants to have with the OSC. Of course you do not need to be part of one to "LOVE CITY". In the grand scheme of things 16 out of 25,000 is not a huge figure and if this is the amount going to all branches then the fraction of OSC supporters at the game will not be a huge one.

On the plus side for those without tickets,if any blues get locked up,move in and get that ticket quickly lol! I did actually hear of this happening at the semi final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.