Cup final tickets

hammocity said:
I spoke to the Security people on the desk where you have to register to get in the queue (Gate W) at about 11:30am this morning. They told me they had been asked to work tomorrow and their feeling was there would be tickets available tomorrow but obviously no guarantees, they are Freelance so it suggests they are needed for a reason tomorrow.

It could be a scamble though and I would definitely get there early doors for the 3250 criteria.

I queued for 3 hours yesterday for 6 tickets, 5 of which qualified for the tickets in their own right (three of them were over 4500 points) and one ticket had 3600 points. The geezer at the Ticket Office knocked me back as one of the tickets was in a different stand to the others. I then spoke to his Supervisor and then her boss , no way were they letting me have the tickets. Got back to my local and spoke to a few people who had done the same as me and got the tickets, seems my face didn't fit. I was polite and despite wanting to swear kept my cool, in the end I was the last one there and Security told me to leave. If you need to bend the rules slightly avoid the blonde haired thin kid, he obviously feels the need to be a killjoy.
But buying in a group, the supporter not qualifiying would need over 4000 points anyway, so guess that is why you were knocked back.

sorry, asked same question in a different thread - for all of you turning up in the early hours, where did you park? Are the club car parks open at that time?

Vonk's Konk said:
hammocity said:
I spoke to the Security people on the desk where you have to register to get in the queue (Gate W) at about 11:30am this morning. They told me they had been asked to work tomorrow and their feeling was there would be tickets available tomorrow but obviously no guarantees, they are Freelance so it suggests they are needed for a reason tomorrow.

It could be a scamble though and I would definitely get there early doors for the 3250 criteria.

I queued for 3 hours yesterday for 6 tickets, 5 of which qualified for the tickets in their own right (three of them were over 4500 points) and one ticket had 3600 points. The geezer at the Ticket Office knocked me back as one of the tickets was in a different stand to the others. I then spoke to his Supervisor and then her boss , no way were they letting me have the tickets. Got back to my local and spoke to a few people who had done the same as me and got the tickets, seems my face didn't fit. I was polite and despite wanting to swear kept my cool, in the end I was the last one there and Security told me to leave. If you need to bend the rules slightly avoid the blonde haired thin kid, he obviously feels the need to be a killjoy.
But buying in a group, the supporter not qualifiying would need over 4000 points anyway, so guess that is why you were knocked back.

It was dropped to 3500 for Monday.<br /><br />-- Tue May 03, 2011 3:03 pm --<br /><br />
matkil72 said:
sorry, asked same question in a different thread - for all of you turning up in the early hours, where did you park? Are the club car parks open at that time?

The one at the end of Joe Mercer Way was certainly open before 5 on Monday morning. If it's not open when you get there, you could probably park at ASDA, I would have thought.

matkil72 said:
Someone might confirm it on here I was just behind people in the queue who were queueing at 3:00am to get on the car park and they did not let you on until after 4:00am I arrived on my scooter at gate 11 at 4:30 and there seemed a group of people on foot in front of me who had only just been let in there

So if you are in a car and want to park on the club grounds, no point getting there before 4am by the sounds of it?

Can you park on the streets by the ground, is it just match days that the restrictions apply?

Just got my ticket!

Queued for an hour so went pretty fast! The window I got only had £45 tickets left!

I think they will be gone by tomorrow

bluechaos said:
Just got my ticket!

Queued for an hour so went pretty fast! The window I got only had £45 tickets left!

I think they will be gone by tomorrow

The queue is only 20 mins now, there prob won't be many more sales today...They will be on sale for majority of tomorrow IMHO.

If you can get there the queue is only about 20mins for a ticket at the ground, just got mine no probs, would have gone at weekend but had to wait till others had enough points.
may be worth an early dart from work if you have got the points, and are having probs on the phone

Started calling the ticket office at 0855 and got through on the first call at 0905 (calling from Abu Dhabi, so don't know if the calls go via another exchange), was on the phone 16 mins in total and came away with 3 tickets (£65 tickets in 546).

well happy, just hope the flight home makes it now!!!

Lancet Fluke said:
It was dropped to 3500 for Monday.

You are correct Lancett Fluke, I checked because I believed that you were wrong. FYI there now appears to be no restriction on groups having to be in the same block.

This restriction is not in the FAQs as of today:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2011/April/~/media/Files/FA%20Cup%20Final%20Frequently%20Asked%20Questions%20020511.ashx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and- ... 20511.ashx</a>

nor on last night's ticket update:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2011/April/FA-Cup-final-tickets-go-on-sale-28-April-2011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and- ... April-2011</a>

I would gather from this that you checked that the restriction was removed before you went down?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.