Cup scheme ticket transfer

I am not able to attend next Wednesday, early birthday present seeing Bob Mortimer at The Bridgewater, pissed off that I won’t be able to give my ticket away. Not arsed about the points to be honest.

1. "The Cup Scheme was created to both incentivise Season Ticket holder attendance at Cup matches and reward those who commit to attend all home Cup matches in the respective competition"

Initially there were no loyalty points or the chance of a final, or priority for one, it was just more convenient than going in person, posting off your form from your season ticket. So this is rubbish as to why it was "created".

2. Participation in the Cup Scheme provides supporters with a number of benefits including bonus ticket points and priority access to tickets for away matches & finals.

You also get points for a season ticket, including bonus points if platinum, and ST holders get priority for away matches and finals.

3. Therefore, participation in the said scheme ensures that any supporters who do qualify first for Cup Final tickets are those that have attended previous matches in the respective competition.

But not important for season ticket with the same benefit? Isn't the commitment of cash enough and to buy whatever price is set?

4. In the interest of fairness to supporters and due to the limited number of tickets allocated to the Club for Cup Finals in particular, the Club does not operate Ticket Transfer as part of any Cup Scheme.

This is seems made up after the event due to their IT being shit, since when have they cared about fairness? They only normally care about money, and are "fairer" to you if you pay over the odds to attend.

It seems like they concocted this assuming no fans where around when the Cup Scheme originally started.

I went to the box office today to upgrade and transfer my wife’s RB Leipzig ticket to my son. I was told that it was not necessary to do either and printed me out a match ticket for him (in her name).

In the T & Cs for home match tickets Clause 3.2 says this - "A Purchaser may transfer his/her/their Ticket to a nominated individual who is linked to the Purchaser via the Friends and Family Programme for the purpose of allowing that individual to attend such Match where the Ticket Holder is unable to attend by telephoning the Club". A 'Match' is defined elsewhere as "any match played by the Club’s men’s first team squad at the Ground during the Season in the following competitions (i) English Premier League (ii) the League Cup, (iii) the FA Cup and (iv) UEFA Competitions (Europa Cup and Champions League) or an officialfriendly match". Nothing in T& Cs about no transfers for cup matches.

Not giving points to attendance at away matches is stupid.
There is a simple way to get rid of the points ‘whores’ (to the extent they exist). Just give points for matches that go below, say 2000 points. Or zero points.
Going to United or Liverpool away is no great test of loyalty.
Going to Bristol away in the third round of the league cup deserves something.
Our system gives you nothing and it is wrong.

If this was the case why the FU** was it not stated clearly, openly and transparently when we signed up for the cup schemes. Even in the countless spammy emails they sent us reminding us about it, they didn’t declare these intentions. It all just stinks and definitely leaves a sour taste.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.