Cycling

Cycling season is already around the corner. Getting ready for it!
Just would like to get myself a new bike this time and reading tips and recommendations here https://www.bikеrtricks.com/. What do you guys think of Giant bikes? Anyone had those?
What kind of model would you recommend for a road cycling?

Last edited:
Bought myself one of these at the weekend, pick it up tomorrow. Times are hard so can't afford a £15,000 bike. Seems like a good deal.

Cracking bike for the money that. Easy maintenance rim brakes too.

Would have preferred disc brakes living in the Peak District with the big descents. I'll let you know how I get on with it.

Braking is limited by road/ tyre friction, not the brake. Rim brakes are simpler, cheaper, lighter, easier to maintain. Unless you've got a problem like arthritic hands, rim brakes are better all round IMO. That's an amazing bike for the cash. Enjoy!

Would have preferred disc brakes living in the Peak District with the big descents. I'll let you know how I get on with it.
Hydraulic disks can actually fade quite badly on long decent, especially if you are on the heavy side, and the fluid is even moderately contaminated.

Mechanical disk brakes, not so much.

I love rolling up in my vintage kits and vintage steel bikes because I’m a snob against modern bike loyalist snobs

I love rolling up in my vintage kits and vintage steel bikes because I’m a snob against modern bike loyalist snobs
giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.