Cycling

But with gears you have the option to make it as hard or as easy as you want it to be (up to a point - there will always be a gradient at which you are praying for a lower gear even if you have the lowest one available!). Probably doesn't matter anyway as very few bikes get sold without gears these days.

Fair point,and i'll have a good ganders,i just like to keep things as simple as possible.

Cheers though.

Yup.

Frame size is THE most important part of a bike fit. If you don't get the frame size right, everything else is a compromise. It's not just leg length that is important, but also reach (seat to steering tube) which allows for a comfortable riding position.

The amount of 'serious' cyclist around here that wobble their arse like anything. Must be very uncomfortable and alot of wasted energy. Just lower your saddle.

It puzzles me how you can own a couple of grand bike but dont set it up right. Or they clearly dont watch any pro cycling.

The amount of 'serious' cyclist around here that wobble their arse like anything. Must be very uncomfortable and alot of wasted energy. Just lower your saddle.

It puzzles me how you can own a couple of grand bike but dont set it up right. Or they clearly dont watch any pro cycling.
When we got our road bikes Mrs Ewing and I were measured and 'lasered' for the perfect fit. I thought 'Fuckin' 'ell, I can't right like this. I'm gonna go arse over tit over the handbars. I 'readjusted' when I got the bike home. It's a beautiful bike. light as a feather, 22 gears, and there's many a day where I'm a couple of gears short. Many a day when I'm on the electric!

On the flip side, you see a lot of people out there with the saddle set too low and their knees pointing sideways from the bike. As others have said - get it fitted properly.

Bought myself one of these at the weekend, pick it up tomorrow. Times are hard so can't afford a £15,000 bike. Seems like a good deal.

Well I've had it for a few weeks now and no complaints at all, for a bike under £400. Lightweight and with a big cog at the back it handles anything Buxton, Edale and Glossop can throw at it. Was a bit cautious at first about not having disc brakes but the calipers have worked perfectly will. On the Cheshire Plain around Macclesfield and Poynton you never run out of gears. The 16 speed gears are really snappy and cover all terrain.

Highly recommended.

IMG_20230319_184622_350.jpg

Well I've had it for a few weeks now and no complaints at all, for a bike under £400. Lightweight and with a big cog at the back it handles anything Buxton, Edale and Glossop can throw at it. Was a bit cautious at first about not having disc brakes but the calipers have worked perfectly will. On the Cheshire Plain around Macclesfield and Poynton you never run out of gears. The 16 speed gears are really snappy and cover all terrain.

Highly recommended.

View attachment 73055
Is that Winnat’s?

Highly recommended.

View attachment 73055
Great photo of Winnats

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.