D-Day - Student Protests in London, 09/12/10

Bluemoon115 said:
nashark said:
In this grown-up world, boyo, you have to pay for yourself
No you don't, you can just go on the dole, with little pressure to get a job.

Which is what most of the students who go on this "tin pot" courses would be forced to do anyway.

Work it out, it's cheaper to support a student than a doley.

At least with the current system there is a chance they will one day pay it back.

There can be no 'third way'. The days of compassion and co-operation are dead. I quote Margaret Thatcher, 'there is no such thing as society'. You pay for yourself in this world. Survival of the wealthiest, amigo. Dog eat dog.

nashark said:
Get a job, lazy wanker.

You should be glad you have the opportunity to go to University and have a three year media studies piss up, instead of worrying about the cost.

In this grown-up world, boyo, you have to pay for yourself - that includes paying for your disreputable 'academic' course. No more pot-noodles, shit haircuts, bad clothing, just hard graft for 40 years to pay off an enormous mortgage, 1 holiday to Spain a year, and an average car.
I don't know where to start with this one.

Okay, on the subject of getting a job. That's why I'm going to University; to get a job which isn't shelf stacking in Tesco. Because I believe I can do better than that. While I accept there are mickey mouse courses, it's completely unfair to tar everyone with the same brush. I want to study politics because I have a genuine interest in it and wish to become involved in it once I graduate. It's hardly a mickey mouse subject. I want to go to work and get a degree; I'm not interested in being on the piss every night, I never have been. Think about your mortgage. Students who start at Uni in 2012 will have that and a debt of at least £30,000 hanging around their necks for a long, long time.

Don't forget, the last generation got their University education completely paid for by the state.
nashark said:
I quote Margaret Thatcher.
Yeah, figures.

Ronnie the Rep said:
Blue Smarties said:
But your future doctor will have been lied to by the Government.

What? every government lies to everybody what's so special now?
So why do you not go against it? If you're promised something and then later find out they lied why act like it's okay for them to do so?

Blue Smarties said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
What? every government lies to everybody what's so special now?
So why do you not go against it? If you're promised something and then later find out they lied why act like it's okay for them to do so?

I assume you are talking about the Lib Dems. They have always courted popularity by agreeing (and signing up to) all sorts of things in the sure and certain knowledge that they would never be held to account. Now all of a sudden they are in power and faced with real life decisions. I voted Conservative and knew exactly what I would get if they got back into power. Because they didn't win an absolute majority I recognise and accept that their policies will be subject to compromise - get over it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.