D-Day - Student Protests in London, 09/12/10

Ronnie the Rep said:
Blue Smarties said:
So why do you not go against it? If you're promised something and then later find out they lied why act like it's okay for them to do so?

I assume you are talking about the Lib Dems. They have always courted popularity by agreeing (and signing up to) all sorts of things in the sure and certain knowledge that they would never be held to account. Now all of a sudden they are in power and faced with real life decisions. I voted Conservative and knew exactly what I would get if they got back into power. Because they didn't win an absolute majority I recognise and accept that their policies will be subject to compromise - get over it

It's not just policy though it's signed personal pledges whether they now want to say they were linked with gaining power or not. Even if it gets through I'll take a tiny amount of solace when the lib dems limp to about 10 seats in the next election. Spineless pricks.

Ronnie the Rep said:
Blue Smarties said:
Cheers, we'll keep on going even if we don't get the vote on Thursday! Messages like these are a real boost though, we even got a message of support from Weird Al Yankovic!

you are dreaming mate if you think the vote won't go through. Don't waste your money on coaches and trains - save up for your fees
And bend over for them? Never.

swales forgive me, but i think making students pay £££££££££££££££££££££'s for their courses is absolutley brilliant! In my case, i have a great job, which i like, but about 6 years ago, i'd realised i had left school early with NO qualifications at all. I went to college, done my gcse's then an access course and got myself to uni to study law. I paid for the course up front, with my own dosh. Being among the students every day, made me realise how absurd some of the degree courses were!

Now, all you need is a 2:1 in any subject, to jump on the asda/network rail/royal mail graduate programme, when some poor bastard who left school at 16 and grafted for years in the company is more deserving of the place, but is overlooked for the graduate.

Causing trouble just for the sake of it, will only end in tears for a load of rowdy crusties and mature student 'paul weller lookalikes'. I would larf if the pigs kick the shit out of them, lazy twats.

I've normally got no time for students, but the fightback against this unsustainable fudge of a government has to start somewhere and with someone and so, for this alone, I take my hat off to them...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.