Daily Express: Nasri to Juve?

I agree with the statement "on his day he's unplayable" his ability to keep the ball and run the game is second to none on those days... but they are few and far between.

We seem to have one good season and one poor season and for me that's the mentality of the squad. When we're up against it we play well, when we have the opportunity to retain trophies or stamp our authority we can't seem to do it. We haven't managed to lead from the front in the league yet, we're always playing catch up and it's players like Nasri that have contributed to that.

I'd be happy to cash in on him now. In pre-season it was stark just how much better we were on the left hand side with Sterling there. With Nasri or Navas on the other side the play was slower and there was less fluidity. Navas is cautious to take his full back on and waits for an overlap from his full back or cuts infield which cramps the midfield. Nasri is also guilty of this.

If we add De Bruyne we will have a cutting edge on both sides and with Lopes back at the club, I'd rather see him being given an opportunity than Nasri. I don't think he's going to get any better and if it means getting Pogba I'd cash in now. It's whether he wants to move.

I agree with the statement "on his day he's unplayable" his ability to keep the ball and run the game is second to none on those days... but they are few and far between.

We seem to have one good season and one poor season and for me that's the mentality of the squad. When we're up against it we play well, when we have the opportunity to retain trophies or stamp our authority we can't seem to do it. We haven't managed to lead from the front in the league yet, we're always playing catch up and it's players like Nasri that have contributed to that.

I'd be happy to cash in on him now. In pre-season it was stark just how much better we were on the left hand side with Sterling there. With Nasri or Navas on the other side the play was slower and there was less fluidity. Navas is cautious to take his full back on and waits for an overlap from his full back or cuts infield which cramps the midfield. Nasri is also guilty of this.

If we add De Bruyne we will have a cutting edge on both sides and with Lopes back at the club, I'd rather see him being given an opportunity than Nasri. I don't think he's going to get any better and if it means getting Pogba I'd cash in now. It's whether he wants to move.

Good post.

No need to sell him with Jovetic, Dzeko, Milner and Lampard all leaving. Also, since Juventus are playing hard ball with Pogba we should just quote them £35m for Nasri.

Agree with every word

Nasri at his best is the only player in our squad that comes close to Silva as a passing / creative midfielder and the two of them together have run the show in some of our most convincing performances over the last 2 or 3 years. However he doesn’t have the consistency of Silva and the two of them together also make for a slightly lightweight and undisciplined midfield as they both like to push forward into space.
I like him as a player but I can see a move to 4 3 3 and this will mean Nasri, Navas and Bony will become the second choice front 3 and little room for new signings. If we need to fit KDB in then the obvious ones to go would be one of Nasri or Navas.

On his day he is fantastic but the phrase "on his day" is the important one.
Generally good in the Prem he has never played particularly well against the best teams in Europe and that is the big problem. (And I fully except he won the game away against Roma.) If YaYa is pushed forward this season (which I believe he will be) I can't see him being first choice and I'm not sure being a sub is for him.

On his day he is fantastic but the phrase "on his day" is the important one.
Generally good in the Prem he has never played particularly well against the best teams in Europe and that is the big problem. (And I fully except he won the game away against Roma.) If YaYa is pushed forward this season (which I believe he will be) I can't see him being first choice and I'm not sure being a sub is for him.

How can you ask Yaya to push forward, his most important skill is from the deep and that is his distribution skills. The moment he pushes forward to no. 10, we would massively miss his linking from defense to forwards.

How can you ask Yaya to push forward, his most important skill is from the deep and that is his distribution skills. The moment he pushes forward to no. 10, we would massively miss his linking from defense to forwards.
Did you miss how poor YaYa's defending was last season? His core responsibility will NOT be defending this season against the better teams.

Did you miss how poor YaYa's defending was last season? His core responsibility will NOT be defending this season against the better teams.

The only reason for his poor performance last season was his mind/heart/agent. His pre-season performances were excellent and comparable to what I saw in pre-season 2013-14. Atleast, I could see hunger in his gut. Thats why I am saying he will be a beast for us this season from midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.