Daily Fail and the Mancini era ....

Even if a lot of this article is true, it makes me like him even more - not pandering to the egos of these cry baby footballers is fine by me

Ian ladyman And The Daily Mail - Beyond The Pale.

This is simply disgraceful:
VVVV

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2326322/Roberto-Mancini-revealed-The-Manchester-City-dressing-room-battles-sacking.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... cking.html</a>

It is a personal character assassination by a rodent of a journalist on Roberto Mancini. It is an article too far. It is a clear and blatant attempt to damage Mancini both professionally & personally. The stuff that has been written by this despicable toad of a journalist has nothing to do with football or the club whatsoever.
We have heard stories that the club have been briefing against Mancini and Ladyman’s name has been mentioned more than once.
If and I do reiterate ‘IF’ the club have had anything to do with this story in any shape or form then the people responsible should hang their heads in shame. IF the club has instigated this story then we are morally bankrupt on every level. IF they had nothing to do with it then Ladyman has to banned from the club with immediate effect. There is no alternative course of action.
We will see what the outcome is and then we will know for sure one way or another. I desperately hope and pray that the club I have supported for almost 50 years and genuinely love do not have their fingerprints all over this - we shall see.

If the club did leak that to try and justify their actions it's certainly not worked with me.

And not naming names has just made me wonder which of the players are the shithouses they are talking about and tarred the entire squad with the same brush.

Until convinced otherwise now they can all get fucked. All of them. Except Zaba.

Lot of people paid a lot of money this time last week to go to Wembley and the only people involved in the team I am now certain were desperate for us to win have got the bullet. Not clear at all which of the rest of them shat all over the fans and the good name of the club.

Disgraceful episode.

Re: Ian ladyman And The Daily Mail - Beyond The Pale.

TGR said:
This is simply disgraceful:
VVVV

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2326322/Roberto-Mancini-revealed-The-Manchester-City-dressing-room-battles-sacking.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... cking.html</a>

It is a personal character assassination by a rodent of a journalist on Roberto Mancini. It is an article too far. It is a clear and blatant attempt to damage Mancini both professionally & personally. The stuff that has been written by this despicable toad of a journalist has nothing to do with football or the club whatsoever.
We have heard stories that the club have been briefing against Mancini and Ladyman’s name has been mentioned more than once.
If and I do reiterate ‘IF’ the club have had anything to do with this story in any shape or form then the people responsible should hang their heads in shame. IF the club has instigated this story then we are morally bankrupt on every level. IF they had nothing to do with it then Ladyman has to banned from the club with immediate effect. There is no alternative course of action.
We will see what the outcome is and then we will know for sure one way or another. I desperately hope and pray that the club I have supported for almost 50 years and genuinely love do not have their fingerprints all over this - we shall see.
What if its true because if it is not a writ will be issued by Mancini for deformation. Worth waiting to see I reckon

BringBackSwales said:
It is pretty clear what has happened here. What do politicians do when they want to get a message across to the public, when they want to justify an unpopular or a controversial decision - they brief a chosen member of the press. Football clubs media relations departments are no different - if they want to get a message across which justifies the decisions of their higher ups then they brief a chosen member of the press - the story gets printed (which in this case is a one-sided miscellaneous list of negative issues associated with Mancini from within the club over three and a half years - not nice things, but a list of events which when not put into perspective paints a pretty bad picture of the sacked manager) and the message which then gets put across to the punters is basically "oh what a horrible man, of course the club were right to sack him". So in my opinion rather than the press being the bad bastards here, what would anyone expect Ladyman to do if he has been briefed about all these "incidents" - ignore it, or publish it - indeed what would any journalist do when spoon-fed this information?

Also in the real world it is pretty likely that the same thing probably happens in this forum - it is regularly accessed by probably more City fans who are interested in and influenced by news than most (any?) other sources - is it not likely that some of the anti-Mancini ITK stuff that has been seen in this forum for the last few weeks has been passed on by "briefers" from City? And of course it would only be the bad stuff that gets "briefed".

The other issue for me is that this list is predomoninately either things we already knew (he did not get on with Bellers - but who did? he did not get on with Ade-but who did?, Robbie was hard work, oh really!) or nasty little bitchy snipes such as he went to tanning salons or shops (what a fucking tyrant!) or one of his aides accompanied his Mrs to the "plush" David Lloyd Centre (quite a reasonable thing to do I would have said given the family's high profile) - just a load of nasty and irrelevant digs. Frankly when I read the list I sense worse behaviour from many of the players than I do the manager - who appears the more unprofessional?

It happens in politics, it happens in football, and I suppose as such that is today's real world, but it still leaves a very nasty and bitter taste in my mouth. It also might explain why Mancini was so irate about his lack of support from his own club with the media - I imagine he was also of the view that rather than being supported with the media by the club, the opposite may well have been happening, and unfortunately still is.

-- Sat May 18, 2013 9:28 am --

BringBackSwales said:
It is pretty clear what has happened here. What do politicians do when they want to get a message across to the public, when they want to justify an unpopular or a controversial decision - they brief a chosen member of the press. Football clubs media relations departments are no different - if they want to get a message across which justifies the decisions of their higher ups then they brief a chosen member of the press - the story gets printed (which in this case is a one-sided miscellaneous list of negative issues associated with Mancini from within the club over three and a half years - not nice things, but a list of events which when not put into perspective paints a pretty bad picture of the sacked manager) and the message which then gets put across to the punters is basically "oh what a horrible man, of course the club were right to sack him". So in my opinion rather than the press being the bad bastards here, what would anyone expect Ladyman to do if he has been briefed about all these "incidents" - ignore it, or publish it - indeed what would any journalist do when spoon-fed this information?
The other issue for me is that this list is predomoninately either things we already knew (he did not get on with Bellers - but who did? he did not get on with Ade-but who did?, Robbie was hard work, oh really!) or nasty little bitchy snipes such as he went to tanning salons or shops (what a fucking tyrant!) or one of his aides accompanied his Mrs to the "plush" David Lloyd Centre (quite a reasonable thing to do I would have said given the family's high profile) - just a load of nasty and irrelevant digs. Frankly when I read the list I sense worse behaviour from many of the players than I do the manager - who appears the more unprofessional?

It happens in politics, it happens in football, and I suppose as such that is today's real world, but it still leaves a very nasty and bitter taste in my mouth. It also might explain why Mancini was so irate about his lack of support from his own club with the media - I imagine he was also of the view that rather than being supported with the media by the club, the opposite may well have been happening, and unfortunately still is.

Spot on!
I have just posted something similar. It is complete and total disgrace! It genuinely is. Just what the fuck is going on inside our club?!
I have written if the club did brief Ladyman on this then we are morally bankrupt it makes anything that goes on across town at the swamp look kindergarten.
if the club did not know anything about this then Ladyman has to be banned. There is no other possible course of action. What's the bets Ladyman is at the game tomorrow? A sad, grubby, dirty episode in the clubs history - just what have we become?

cibaman said:
Paulpowersleftfoot said:
Next in line for sacking should be the PR team who's mucky hands are all over this disgraceful character assisination in a ridiculous attempt to justify his sacking.
While I believe it was right to change managers now I think the lack of respect given to our most successful manager,whose brought the league title and the FA cup to Manchester for the first time in decades,leaves a very sour taste
They should be as ashamed as the playing staff who've clearly been complicit in his downfall

Do you think the PR team are doing this against the wishes of the club hierarchy?

Exactly!
So it shows you how our club now operate - disgracefully!

Re: Ian ladyman And The Daily Mail - Beyond The Pale.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Skashion said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
What if its true because if it is not a writ will be issued by Mancini for deformation.
Couldn't help but laugh at this.
Fucking phone
Is what I wish I could say was the reason
Stupid, not checking that first
Fair play for admitting it. :-) Shame I didn't get a chance to see you and Sean at Wembley.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.