Daily Fail and the Mancini era ....

Re: Ian ladyman And The Daily Mail - Beyond The Pale.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
bellbuzzer said:
Skashion said:
Couldn't help but laugh at this.

laughing in private is fine, bringing it to the attention of thousands of posters is not classy and has overtones of elitism. Having said that my favourite is pre madonna but would not dream of pointing out the poster

Blue Boy took it in good spirits. Besides we were chuckling at the image it conjured up, rather than the mistake itself!

Point taken. I get defensive about bias and offensive a tacks on sin tacks and grammarial fox pass. Know harm done ice oppose

If we beat Barcelona 6-1 in a CL final the mail will run the story as how we failed to keep a clean sheet.

karen7 said:
LoveCity said:
Did the players throw the cup final to get him sacked? It's something that has crossed my mind...

And mine but i dont want to believe the team would let us all down like that

Not a chance, remember the number of high quality and some fortunate saves made by the Wigan keeper?

Whilst we didnt play that well, we created enough chances to win by a hatful.

cibaman said:
It was well known before the Cup Final that Mancini was going to be sacked. The players didn't have to throw the game.

yes they did.

had we won the cup mancini would have a much stronger arguement for staying in the job hence making us look pretty stupid if we sacked a guy with 3 trophies in 3 years.

de niro said:
cibaman said:
It was well known before the Cup Final that Mancini was going to be sacked. The players didn't have to throw the game.

yes they did.

had we won the cup mancini would have a much stronger arguement for staying in the job hence making us look pretty stupid if we sacked a guy with 3 trophies in 3 years.

I think it is clear he was sacked not only for footballing reasons

de niro said:
cibaman said:

yes they did.

I agree entirely. But it certainly looks like the decision to give him the bullet was taken well before the final and we have made ourselves look pretty stupid anyway due to the way we went (and still are going) about it

FA Cup Finals can come along once in a lifetime

City threw nothing, but it's pretty obvious looking back now that City was an unhappy camp. It's just a shame that Barca blew the whistle on this on the eve of the game. That didn't help. It was calculated.

We'll draw them in the Champions League

Marvin said:
FA Cup Finals can come along once in a lifetime

City threw nothing, but it's pretty obvious looking back now that City was an unhappy camp. It's just a shame that Barca blew the whistle on this on the eve of the game. That didn't help. It was calculated.

We'll draw them in the Champions League

You can bet your bottom dollar by UEFA quirk of fate we will draw his new club in CL

Personally speaking after reading much of the mud slinging the last few days I honestly get the feeling that even if Mancini had won the treble this season his days were numbered because his philosophies didn't fit neatly with Begiristain and Soriano's approach to the club and how they want to adapt it within the framework of the new academy starting from now. We had a manager wanting control and two Director's of Football wanting control and there was always only ever going to be only one winner in this scenario.

Let's be honest here and I have to ask is any of the shit about Mancini really that bad I mean really that bad. He's a winner and wanted the same from those that worked under him. I remember him saying a few years ago they're all extremely well paid professionals, all their families and friends do well out of Manchester City so get on with it. Ok so he wasn't one for mollycoddling and putting his arm around their shoulders and to some people that is a negative trait and fair enough I get that but that was his way and we all knew it and so if you chose to play for City then big fucking deal, they already knew that he wasn't going to nurse their ego's so deal with it. Nothing I've read has been jawdropping shockingly awful news that I've sat here and thought 'fuck me he just had to go for that'.

The 'holistic' approach was all we needed to hear to prove that whatever Mancini was doing here then he wasn't going to be doing it for much longer. The rest of the nonsense peddled out since hasn't been revealing or new to any of us as most of these accusations/rumours have been aired on this forum the past three years. I'd have much preferred Bergiristain, Sorianno or Khaldoon to have made a statement thanking Mancini for his effort's but Manchester City Football Club are now seeking a new approach to how they manage and work the football club in the future. It would have at least been more truthful and honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.