Daily Fail and the Mancini era ....

LoveCity said:
Ged Coyne saying on Twitter that players basically kicked Mancini out of the dressing room in the FA Cup 2011 semis vs. United and Vieira did the team talk. LOL.

This guy is a former member of the groundstaff who calls himself "groundsman of the year 2011". - he's a gardner.
He also left after abuse of United was found on his facebook page.
Take what he says with pinch of salt.

As for Barry Poynton going on about Paul Power going. Get with the times. Power is ancient history from another era of the leather casey

berniethebusman said:
Pam said:

This is absolutely classic Chelsea. A powerful clique of disaffected players with too much influence over the direction of the club. It pisses me off.

It's nothing like Chelsea, this is a man going round making enemies left right and centre and alienating himself, numerous people gave him warnings yet he did nothing to rectify the situation. People say he should of been given another season ... well he was it was this season.

And classic Mou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, how do you know all this?

BobKowalski said:
berniethebusman said:
Believe people are grasping at straws trying to suggest the players deliberately didn't put in the effort just to get Bobby the boot. They deliberately got to the final so they could throw it just for effect?
If this really was there mentality why we would have come 2nd? Surely we'd have lost our opening 10 fixtures and got him the boot then.

Its not about grasping at straws. The article infers that this is what happened. This is what people will be reading. 95% of what the papers report may be shit but people believe shit.

And others will follow down this route and who do you think the main target will be? City or Mancini? This is a war we cannot win and it is rank stupidity to even start it.
Only to the people that are looking for it to infer that imo.

-- Sat May 18, 2013 12:39 am --

Pam said:
berniethebusman said:
Pam said:
This is absolutely classic Chelsea. A powerful clique of disaffected players with too much influence over the direction of the club. It pisses me off.

It's nothing like Chelsea, this is a man going round making enemies left right and centre and alienating himself, numerous people gave him warnings yet he did nothing to rectify the situation. People say he should of been given another season ... well he was it was this season.

And classic Mou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, how do you know all this?

It's just my opinion, nothing more, from the information at hand & to me it sounds like more than just a clique of players.

berniethebusman said:
BobKowalski said:
berniethebusman said:
Believe people are grasping at straws trying to suggest the players deliberately didn't put in the effort just to get Bobby the boot. They deliberately got to the final so they could throw it just for effect?
If this really was there mentality why we would have come 2nd? Surely we'd have lost our opening 10 fixtures and got him the boot then.

Its not about grasping at straws. The article infers that this is what happened. This is what people will be reading. 95% of what the papers report may be shit but people believe shit.

And others will follow down this route and who do you think the main target will be? City or Mancini? This is a war we cannot win and it is rank stupidity to even start it.
Only to the people that are looking for it to infer that imo.

You can argue all you like about the causes for whatever reason,something was very wrong on Saturday. There were bad vibes on the morning of the game and it just kept getting worse. From a personal point of view, this is the first cup final I've seen us lose and its more horrible than I thought it would be. Doesn't help to know we sent outa big game, big name players to play depleted relegation fodder and not only did we lose, we bloody well deserved to lose. It still hurts a week.later.

'Can we put the champagne on ice yet?' one player texted a journalist stationed outside their hotel just down the road from Euston Station.

When news of Mancini's sacking duly came, there was yet more black humour from inside City's dressing room.

'It's a shame we have a game against Reading on Tuesday,' joked one player. 'We could have gone out to celebrate.'

Most observers blamed a ducking Samir Nasri for City's defensive wall buckling to hand United victory through a late Robin van Persie free-kick. But Mancini was furious with his keeper.

'You owe me everything,' raged Mancini in front of his astonished squad. 'I gave you a chance in this team and this is how you repay me.'

Fast forward to the start of this season. With City struggling to impose themselves on the Premier League, Kompany took Mancini to one side after training and offered some suggestions.

'Mancini didn't like that,' revealed Sportsmail's source. 'He thought Kompany was getting too carried away with his own importance. He told him so, too. Their relationship never recovered.'

Ouch.

Frank Gallagher said:
If the "leak" was to justify his sacking it's made me more mad towards the players who clearly didn't put a shift in last saturday or in many away games
If this story carries any weight (the insinuation being the players threw the final), then my seasoncard price has increased by 10% to watch a bunch of players who may or may not bother to put in the effort for the next manager. Perhaps the club could give a discount if they don't at the end of the season. Or maybe the players could manage themselves and the club could guarantee maximum effort and increase the price by 20%....

You can argue all you like about the causes for whatever reason,something was very wrong on Saturday. There were bad vibes on the morning of the game and it just kept getting worse.[/quote]

I agree with that i just dont agree with people suggesting players deliberately didnt try.

Pam said:
berniethebusman said:

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but its possible that there was a difference between the semi and the final. The players probably didn't have wind of any of this in April and knew they had to answer to the manager if they put in a shite performance. But the rumours going around last Saturday morning changed the dynamic and it would only take four or five players to be givinh less than their best to trash the performances of the rest of the players out there. Could even have been subconscious for some of them.

Just saying.

think it was more after the lord mayors show they just didn't raise there game but as for the article its night of the long knives he said this my source said that

berniethebusman said:
You can argue all you like about the causes for whatever reason,something was very wrong on Saturday. There were bad vibes on the morning of the game and it just kept getting worse.

I agree with that i just dont agree with people suggesting players deliberately didnt try.[/quote]

it certainly can't have helped but that wasn't their fault

the exit of the manager was just managed spectacularly badly

Balti, I think some of our players were a gutless disgrace on Saturday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.