Daily Horse Racing \ Tipping thread

Glad to see both Census and Brown Panther perform well as they are the 2 ive backed ante post for the leger. Also gone for regent street in the ebor. This horse ran a blinder in a derby trial over an inadequate trip but hasnt performed since with a poor effort in the queens vase. Making its handicap debut in the ebor if he stays in and 25/1 is a nice e/w price. Also backed Modun but worried if Fortune gets the ride on him. Would prefer Fallon so have to wait and see.

leighton said:
Treasure Beach has just won a group 1 in the US part 1 of my American double is up I done them as singles as well so heres hoping Jamie can get Cape Blanco home to get my double up.

Treasure Beach was a ridiculous price. I know hes won the irish derby and 2nd in the english but hes the irish derby was poor as none of the challengers stay 1m4 and the only good horse in the english was Pour Moi who would have won by 5 lengths had he not got bumped around when making his move. Credit to O'Brien hes found some easy races for him and now has 2 group 1s to his name but if he turns up in the arc he wont get in the top 5.
As for Cape Blanco, id be very disappointed if he didnt win cosily. I dont know an awful lot about us horse racing but i know that their middle distance horses this year arent that good. Animal Kingdom is their star horse but he is injured. Gio Ponti is consistent but doesnt get his head infront enough. Wigmore Hall is clearly better on his travels but he shouldnt be winning this and if he does then it will be one of the worst group 1 winners in history. The rest should be 100/1 as they have no chance unless CB doesnt turn up.
7/4 is a massive price.

As for the Leger, its always a very good race and a lot more trainers would rather run their horses on slutch rather than lightning quick ground. The problem is the arc isnt that far away from it so most horses will go for that becuase of the prestige.
Godolphin are considering sending Blue Bunting for it so thats a classic winner potentially turning up and the likes of Census, Namibian and Brown Panther are no mugs, especially after todays performance in the geoffrey freer from Census and BP where they demolished some good older horses.

-- Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:56 pm --

Got Stacelita and CB in a double for tonight and going to watch the beverly d in a minute.
She wins well, just hoping for JP to come good later on.

Niall not many trainers like going all the way over to the US for the races. They aloud a certain amount of preformance enhancers for the horses which I dont agree with and thats why you never see any good American horses running in the UK , Ireland or France as in those countries they dont let them use the drugs.

Coolmore and O Brien know what it is all about and that breeding by having 2 group 1 winners in the US it opens up that market for them and it means more money for them in the longterm. Some of the horses that he is sending over arent even there top lot.

As for Treasure Beach he beat the Carlton House and Seville who Fallon thought was O Briens best horse in training after riding out of it. Maybe your being a little bit harsh on how bad that Group 1 was.

Just my opinion mate. The Derby hasnt been a great race for a number of years. Workforce and Rewilding are the only ones to take from the 2010 race and i think that Pour Moi is the only one in the 2011 race that will actually go on to be a top class horse. Treasure Beach might have 2 group 1s to his name but if he clashed with Nathaniel and Pour Moi he'd get nowhere near them.
At least Cape Blanco hacked up and provided us both with a nice double.

niall_mcfc said:
Just my opinion mate. The Derby hasnt been a great race for a number of years. Workforce and Rewilding are the only ones to take from the 2010 race and i think that Pour Moi is the only one in the 2011 race that will actually go on to be a top class horse. Treasure Beach might have 2 group 1s to his name but if he clashed with Nathaniel and Pour Moi he'd get nowhere near them.

I missed the race watching the golf. How many lenghts did it win by was going to do him to win by 5 lenghts.

Nathaniels group 1 win wasnt a truely run race so I would question how good Nathaniel is. Pour Moi is a good horse to be honest it would be a nice race to see Treasure Beach , Nathaniel and Pour Moi run against each other 1 more time.

leighton said:
niall_mcfc said:

I missed the race watching the golf. How many lenghts did it win by was going to do him to win by 5 lenghts.

Nathaniels group 1 win wasnt a truely run race so I would question how good Nathaniel is. Pour Moi is a good horse to be honest it would be a nice race to see Treasure Beach , Nathaniel and Pour Moi run against each other 1 more time.

He won by 2 1/2 lengths but it was an easy win. I'd think the arc will be his next run and then he might be backed in the us for the breeders cup before starting his stud career.

Maybe but Nathaniel beat some very good horses and even thought Workforce drifted i think he would have still won. Obviously Rewilding didnt get going fully. I'd love to see the 3 race as they are the top 3 3yo in England, Ireland and France. Nathaniel and Pour Moi are going to the arc but i dont know what the plans are with Treasure Beach.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.