Daily Horse Racing \ Tipping thread

Had both A.P. runners today to pull me out of my losses from Catterick. Fast Shot just got pipped. David Allan is in a bad run at the moment, overrated?

Cathy Gannon ride came in also. Women doing well today, definitely keep on Turner and Gannon.

mancmackem said:
Had both A.P. runners today to pull me out of my losses from Catterick. Fast Shot just got pipped. David Allan is in a bad run at the moment, overrated?

Cathy Gannon ride came in also. Women doing well today, definitely keep on Turner and Gannon.

David Allan is the stable jockey for my three horses with Tim Easterby. This is a question a few of us owners have asked ourselves about him and he splits opinion.

My personal view, is he is very good on some horses and totally not suited to others. I would only back a horse he is on if he has won on him before.

He's very good at leading from the front. Horses like Hamish, Captain Dunne, Another Citizen who are front runners he seems to get home, others that are held up he can struggle with. I have one horse that he gets the best out of, and another who only has a good run when there's a different jockey on him.

I'd bear that into your decision making when backing a horse he is on.

markbmcfc said:
mancmackem said:

David Allan is the stable jockey for my three horses with Tim Easterby. This is a question a few of us owners have asked ourselves about him and he splits opinion.

My personal view, is he is very good on some horses and totally not suited to others. I would only back a horse he is on if he has won on him before.

He's very good at leading from the front. Horses like Hamish, Captain Dunne, Another Citizen who are front runners he seems to get home, others that are held up he can struggle with. I have one horse that he gets the best out of, and another who only has a good run when there's a different jockey on him.

Mark have you ever thought about using apprentice jockey's? With the weight they can get back for I think Captain Kolo when he has been top weight I often wondered to myself if you got a decent apprentice on it would it make the difference in getting a winner or not. Kieran O Neill or James Sullivan seem to be doing very goos off there claim.

leighton said:
markbmcfc said:
mancmackem said:

Mark have you ever thought about using apprentice jockey's? With the weight they can get back for I think Captain Kolo when he has been top weight I often wondered to myself if you got a decent apprentice on it would it make the difference in getting a winner or not. Kieran O Neill or James Sullivan seem to be doing very goos off there claim.

We've thought about it but it all depends on the quality of the others in the race. If we think a 5lb claim won't matter then we will just go for experience. Also depends on the weight of the horse which Jockey is put on him.

Tim's apprentice is Lance Betts who is getting a few more rides now but hasnt ridden mine yet.

Mark, what about Luke McNiff? David had won before I think on Fast Shot and was unlucky today (pipped by a head by Roninski). But I have backed him before and he has been bob, so I reckon you are right with your summary.

Interesting stuff mark,what are your chances on monday?

ok saturday,celebration mile,Goodwood

question is, who is going to win?.

Zoffany is running at Goodwood on saturday. I know leightons a big fan of this horse and i think he'll win. Strong Suit is 3/1 fav with Zoffany 2nd fav at 5s which looks good value as long as he books a good jockey.

mancmackem said:
Mark, what about Luke McNiff? David had won before I think on Fast Shot and was unlucky today (pipped by a head by Roninski). But I have backed him before and he has been bob, so I reckon you are right with your summary.

McNiff, along with the likes of Lee Topliss are jockey's of the future. He does most of his riding for David Barron I think. Don't think he's ridden for Tim Easterby and if they have an apprentice employed, they usually stick to their own.

pieface said:
Interesting stuff mark,what are your chances on monday?

ok saturday,celebration mile,Goodwood

question is, who is going to win?.

You mean for Another Citizen? He's ahead of the handicapper, won't know until Saturday who else is declared for the race but, he goes there thriving and im expecting a big run. He's entered at Ripon and Newcastle, not sure which one he will run in yet.

Strong Suit not running in celebration mile. Ground is the worry so leaving him out and will probably now go straight to the Breeders Cup unless they enter him at Ascot which i doubt as they would have to face Frankel.
Zoffany will now be an unbackable price for me so going to back Zafisio e/w at 66/1.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:00 am --<br /><br />Zoffany also out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.