Daily Horse Racing \ Tipping thread

What a race. That was 3 contenders for the Champion Hurdle there today going head to head. Brilliant. Our Connor on the first run out done well to get 3rd. Jekzi blocked off and got out late think this 1 is going to be McCoys pick for the Champion ran on well to get second. Hurricane Fly 18 group 1 wins its a amazing horse and I know he has his doubters but he is up there with Istabraq as the best hurdler for a Champion Hurlde. Big Bucks I would have loved to see race Hurricane Fly but never went up against each other a shame really as both over the years were great horses to watch. 5 weeks time there is a rematch of the trio again. Get The New One over and My Tent Or Yours and lets see them all racing each other before the Champion Hurdle. Cant beleive 3/1 for The New One and My Tent Or Yours and Hurricane Fly for the Champion Hurdle as its crazy. I think the English lot needs to be tested by either of Our Conor or Jekzi never mind Hurricane Fly. Cant wait for the rematch.

leighton said:
The cookie monster said:
Cracking race that and well done to be fly
What a price.

Cookie what do you think yourself after seeing the Irish racing compared to the English??
Look at the Cheltenham festival for evidence of what I think
You out scored us mate,I can see the same again tbh with the way the machine Mullins is going

His strike rate is ridiculous & I can see why everyone wants their horses sent to him.

Thrilling as today's race was, I'm not sure how many Cheltenham pointers it gave, as Leopardstown in December is nothing like Prestbury Park in March, as both the surface and the course are radically different, and some horses will come on for the race, whereas others were laid out for it today.
But it will certainly make for unmissable viewing for all lovers of National Hunt racing when they lock horns again.
This is what makes our wonderful sport so special.

Why didnt the Jockey that rode Our Conor at the festival last year ride him today? Cant think of his name Bryan ?????

ox-blue said:
Why didnt the Jockey that rode Our Conor at the festival last year ride him today? Cant think of his name Bryan ?????

Bryan Cooper was the jockey. Our Conor was bought by new owners after Cheltenham last year so thats why there is a new jockey on him. Like with Jezki last season it was the same with either Gergarthy or Power on it and now JP bought it it is McCoy on it.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Thrilling as today's race was, I'm not sure how many Cheltenham pointers it gave, as Leopardstown in December is nothing like Prestbury Park in March, as both the surface and the course are radically different, and some horses will come on for the race, whereas others were laid out for it today.
But it will certainly make for unmissable viewing for all lovers of National Hunt racing when they lock horns again.
This is what makes our wonderful sport so special.

The thing is Nij 5 weeks time they race again I would love to see The New One over or My Tent Or Yours for the race a big group 1 but they may not meet again until Cheltenham. I think on Saturday Dysios is 1 to look at was in a 2 mile hurdle race beat Leah Claire both horses ran away from the field so look interesting to me. Sea Light too looks 1 to look at won 2 races well at the meeting since Boxing / Stephens day.

Just looking at the Coolmore website and the horse I used to love last season Declaration Of War is gone to stud would of loved it if he trained on he wasnt the best but my god he was a battler and never knew when he was beaten.
A fee of €40'000 for Delclaration Of War.
Camelot too is up for stud with a fee of €25'000 for his racing before his injury as a 3 year old he was a top class horse.
Most Improved is the cheapest of the Irish based stallions at €6'000

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.