Daily Horse Racing \ Tipping thread

The cookie monster said:
niall_mcfc said:
leighton said:
True Nij I honestly thought he would be the replacement for McCoy when the great man decides to call it a day. So in a way I can see why O Leary is going down this route with Cooper now. Give him 1 of the biggest jobs in Ireland. Hard for Davy Russell as he done not a lot wrong to lose his job. They will still use Davy. Now being a betting man I would go with Paul Townend now the man to take over from AP McCoy when he finishes up riding.

Can see Sam Twiston-Davies getting the job for Mcmanus when McCoy decides to retire. Hes imrpoved leaps and bounds since getting the job for his dad and has started to ride some big winners recently like The New One and Double Ross. That experience is vital when you're riding for the biggest stable in jumps racing.

Sam Twiston Davies is a shoe in for the Paul Nicholls stable,thats according to Mat Chapman anyway
I could def see it happening tbh even if Jacob has only just took over from Ruby

Like Brian Cooper he's hot property...

Cant see Sam Twiston Davies getting the Mcmanus job. Once AP goes they will go out and get a big time replacement for that job. The likes of Jason Maguire would be high on the list and Paul Townend he will either get the job or replacing Ruby or McCoy now in my opinion.

The cookie monster said:
niall_mcfc said:
leighton said:
True Nij I honestly thought he would be the replacement for McCoy when the great man decides to call it a day. So in a way I can see why O Leary is going down this route with Cooper now. Give him 1 of the biggest jobs in Ireland. Hard for Davy Russell as he done not a lot wrong to lose his job. They will still use Davy. Now being a betting man I would go with Paul Townend now the man to take over from AP McCoy when he finishes up riding.

Can see Sam Twiston-Davies getting the job for Mcmanus when McCoy decides to retire. Hes imrpoved leaps and bounds since getting the job for his dad and has started to ride some big winners recently like The New One and Double Ross. That experience is vital when you're riding for the biggest stable in jumps racing.

Sam Twiston Davies is a shoe in for the Paul Nicholls stable,thats according to Mat Chapman anyway
I could def see it happening tbh even if Jacob has only just took over from Ruby

I'm not so sure - a few folk I know reckon Noel Fehily is lined up for the Highbridge gig - others think Aidan Coleman is a possibility.
I like Sam, but I'm not sure he has the experience and judgement of some of the more senior jockeys just yet.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
The cookie monster said:
niall_mcfc said:

I'm not so sure - a few folk I know reckon Noel Fehily is lined up for the Highbridge gig - others think Aidan Coleman is a possibility.
I like Sam, but I'm not sure he has the experience and judgement of some of the more senior jockeys just yet.

To be honest I thought Noel Fehily would of taken over from Ruby as Nichols stable jockey but they went with Jacob instead. He is picking up the odd winner or 2 for Nichols as well.

The racing is shit in UK today and no Irish meetings too many days no racing in Ireland. Would love to see a race meeting every day in Ireland but thats pie in the sky. Just a little rant.

My Lucky 15
Nero Emperor 3.05 Meydan
Clon Brulee 3.40 Meydan
Tennessee Wildcat 4.15 Meydan
Brendan Bracken 5.25 Meydan

Just heard the sad news about St Nicholas Abbey.

A fine campaigner both in UK/IRE and around the world.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/racing/coolmore-announces-death-of-st-nicholas-abbey-1.1654912" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/racing/ ... -1.1654912</a>

The cookie monster said:
niall_mcfc said:

I dont think alls good with this set up mate & Sam Twiston Davies getting a foot in the door
Watch this space i guess.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jan/14/daryl-jacob-future-big-bucks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/j ... -big-bucks</a>

The cookie monster said:
The cookie monster said:

I dont think alls good with this set up mate & Sam Twiston Davies getting a foot in the door
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jan/14/daryl-jacob-future-big-bucks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/j ... -big-bucks</a>

It's an odd business mate, and no mistake.
Daryl Jacob is a more than competent jockey, but like you I think there is more to this than meets the eye, and maybe there is some personal issue between him and Nicholls which is nothing to do with riding.
There's a lot of speculation flying about, but nobody really knows.
I'm sure it will all come out in the wash in good time.

The cookie monster said:

Daryl Jacob is a more than competent jockey, but like you I think there is more to this than meets the eye, and maybe there is some personal issue between him and Nicholls which is nothing to do with riding.

Well what I was aware of was Jacob didnt want the Big Bucks ride. Claiming no matter what happens he is a on a hiding to nothing. If Big Bucks win he will get no credit. If Big Bucks loses he is going to be taking a big hit in reputation for losing on Big Bucks. Then again older horse off the track for over a year nearly who is to say he doesnt fancy another Nichols horse to go and beat Big Bucks. I think the Mullins Annie Power might end up running in the World hurdle if it gets the trip. Only 8 weeks to go too to the biggie.

leighton said:
The cookie monster said:

Well what I was aware of was Jacob didnt want the Big Bucks ride. Claiming no matter what happens he is a on a hiding to nothing. If Big Bucks win he will get no credit. If Big Bucks loses he is going to be taking a big hit in reputation for losing on Big Bucks. Then again older horse off the track for over a year nearly who is to say he doesnt fancy another Nichols horse to go and beat Big Bucks. I think the Mullins Annie Power might end up running in the World hurdle if it gets the trip. Only 8 weeks to go too to the biggie.

I think you or I could get atop of Big Bucks and win.
The festival can't come around soon enough, as it promises some cracking racing.
You doing a Cheltenham Tipser this year mate?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.