My media channels are

Mail
Guardian
Telegraph
Sky New
BBC news
5 Live
LBC

On the radio I don't like overly biased presenters apart from David Lammy, if still on, he always seemed willing to see alternate points of view.
The Mail is Harry, Meghan and Manchester United obsessed.
The Guardian is Brexit and Manchester United obsessed.
The Telegraph is all things middle class obsessed
All treat the working class as pawns in a sort of Game of Thrones game they think they are playing.
I wouldn't pay a penny for any of the papers.
I'm happy to pay my licence fee the BBC
I also pay for Sky but think sky news is free

Incredible

As we've seen with the silence around the 'octopus', it's one big club. Same thing happened when Payne jumped ship from the FT to a RW think tank a couple of months back.

The one big club line sums it up perfectly. It's never been about the good of the country for these hacks, it's only about their friends and their careers.

Took me long enough to realise that but I got there in the end, thankfully.

The one big club line sums it up perfectly. It's never been about the good of the country for these hacks, it's only about their friends and their careers.

Took me long enough to realise that but I got there in the end, thankfully.
Same here. The last 7 years have been quite educational into what the 'liberal' media are all about. 4 years amplifying a hysterical smear campaign and then 3 years bleating about the consequences.

One thing I figured out about the press a long time ago is this:

Whenever I have a detailed and thorough knowledge of any issue, I have noticed that the press accounts of that issue are, at best, a simplification, but very frequently a gross distortion.

Some fiction writers distort historical events to get a 'better story'. OK, that's fiction. You could argue it doesn't matter. But so-called 'newspapers' do exactly the same thing.

The likes of the Daily Mail undoubtedly slant their articles to serve the prejudices of the majority of their readers. You can't believe a word they print - at best it is some vague approximation to reality. About as valuable as the rumours that used to circulate in medieval England about what the King was doing, in some backwoods village 200 miles from the court.

Billionaires don't buy newspapers - which pretty much all run at a loss - to provide you and me with objective, factual news. Albeit many of our citizens would not understand the full SP of complex events anyway.

Littlejohn is unhinged

FpuEUC0XgAEtsjR

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.