Daily Mail, your media etc

Not sure we're quite there yet mate. Currently throwing a lot more money and military support at dealing with Putin than we are at Meghan;-)
I glance at the daily hate front page and see 8 or 9 stories about H&M.
Much more than Putin
And it's been like that for weeks. Magazine covers, tv, papers like the Sun, Express, telegraph.
The media is obsessed with hate for the two of them.
Articles by people like Clarkson professing hate for Meghan, Morgan, Farage, Wooten.
It's fucking shameful.

Much more than Putin
And it's been like that for weeks. Magazine covers, tv, papers like the Sun, Express, telegraph.
Articles by people like Clarkson professing hate for Meghan, Morgan, Farage, Wooten.
It's fucking shameful.

Its as if in WW2 the press instead of focussing its ire on Hitler went after Wallis Simpson instead lol

You are mixing with the wrong people then mate.
I walked away from one former friend because my wife and I had grown more and more sick of their ingrained and persistent ignorant racism. It got too much, even though I am not obsessively PC. There are limits.

But guess what? No one is an island. We have to live with the people around us. It's often stated that people become 'more conservative' as they age. While not a universal truth (I am the direct opposite) in general there is a lot of truth in it. That is pretty much another way of saying what I said, but arguably with a nicer gloss. I find a lot of my generation simply do not have open minds. You may not agree. That's fine. I am not head of a Church, laying out a doctrine that people must follow or burn in hell.

I walked away from one former friend because my wife and I had grown more and more sick of their ingrained and persistent ignorant racism. It got too much, even though I am not obsessively PC. There are limits.

But guess what? No one is an island. We have to live with the people around us. It's often stated that people become 'more conservative' as they age. While not a universal truth (I am the direct opposite) in general there is a lot of truth in it. That is pretty much another way of saying what I said, but arguably with a nicer gloss. I find a lot of my generation simply do not have open minds. You may not agree. That's fine. I am not head of a Church, laying out a doctrine that people must follow or burn in hell.
I don't blame you mate. I would do the same if faced with racism. Its just I haven't experienced it and don't believe that age is a factor in a reduced critical thinking or acceptance of change.

Much more than Putin
It's fucking shameful.
Sadly it's also probably a reflection of the intended audience. Printed media as a news source is dying so they can't afford to print shit that doesn't sell. I think there is a bit of Ukraine fatigue with the media in general now unless something spectacular happens. Your ideal media war is something like the first gulf war - not very long, with plenty of footage of stuff going bang. Ukraine is a bit slow and muddy, and the penny is dropping that it's likely to last a while.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.