Damned united

Seen the documentary before and it's very good.

Forest pipped us to promotion on goal difference in 1976/77, with a team that had finished nearer the bottom than the top of the old Second Division the season before. Our season ended after theirs so they were actually promoted whilst they were in Majorca on an end of season holiday!

The very next season they won the First Division title. The season after, they won the European Cup and the season after that, they won it again! Brian Clough was a genius.

Haven't seen this yet must give it a go as my da is a Leeds man. Does it show much football in it or is it more of a drama? Guess it would be the latter if it has michael sheen in it.

kp789 said:
Im too young to know that era but I get the impression from his successes that he was a very talented manager

He always wanted to manage the English national team, but the FA, just ike now, are so far up their own arses that they never gave him the job.

Clough was just magificent.

A couple of stories

Stuart Pearce had been selected for England duty for the first time and Clough summoned him to his office. Pearce was really excited and thought he was going to be offered a new improved contract.
He knocked on Clough's door and then stood at his desk. Clough looked up and said...
"Well son, you've been selected for England and I think the England manager's made a mistake because as far as I'm concerned, you're not good enough.
You can go now"

A couple of years later, baconface wanted to sign Pearce from Forest and he drove to Nottingham to speak with Clough as Clough never returned his phone calls.
Clough left him in reception all afternoon and then went home without speaking to him.

Who can forget that legendary moment after a pitch invasion and Cloughy punching the supporters as they ran past him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.