Damned united

Have got it on DVD, so I'll sign off from here and sit down to watch the fillum instead. Will think of you all in an hour's time, when the Beeb start their broadcast. Promise not to tell you how it ends.

Neutralnobhead said:
Haven't seen this yet must give it a go as my da is a Leeds man. Does it show much football in it or is it more of a drama? Guess it would be the latter if it has michael sheen in it.

Bit of both to be honest;nicely balanced.

The funny thing about the pitch invasion is that the guy Clough smacked...

Apologized to Clough for going on to his pitch!

Definatley going to watch it

C-MCFC said:
The funny thing about the pitch invasion is that the guy Clough smacked...

Apologized to Clough for going on to his pitch!

Definatley going to watch it

The documentary may cover that but the film doesn't. The film is all about Clough's days at Leeds.

The Damned United

The story of his short spell in charge of Leeds has been adapted into a film called The Damned United starring Michael Sheen, released in 2009, and based on David Peace's novel The Damned Utd. The publishers of the novel were successfully sued by Irish midfielder Johnny Giles who wrote, "Many of the things Peace talks about in the book never happened and for that reason, I felt it necessary to go to the Courts to establish that this was fiction based on fact and nothing more."

Many people portrayed in the book had died by the time of the book's release, such as Bremner, Revie, Peter Taylor, and Clough himself, and therefore were unable to take similar action as Giles. The book includes a scene with Brian Clough in the Elland Road car park burning Don Revie's old desk. There is no factual source for this. The Clough family have expressed disappointment at the publication of the book.[22

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.