Damned united

What a brilliant film,brilliantly acted.Looks like Bremner and Giles were a pair of twats.

cubanheels said:
What a brilliant film,brilliantly acted.Looks like Bremner and Giles were a pair of twats.

I think Giles sued the author to be honest and won in that some things were retracted from the book.

I loved the bit where Clough was hiding from the Leeds game which Derby won.

There's a story that Clough wanted the City job but Swales wouldn't agree to it because he didn't want to lose power at the club.

cubanheels said:

The film just reminded me of why I hated Leeds when Revie was there, horrible team.
(Didnt help I got a bit of a hiding off some Leeds fans at Elland road in the late 60s)

ManCityX said:
There's a story that Clough wanted the City job but Swales wouldn't agree to it because he didn't want to lose power at the club.

Really?

Never heard that before.<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:40 pm --<br /><br />
dick slexia said:
cubanheels said:

The film just reminded me of why I hated Leeds when Revie was there, horrible team.
(Didnt help I got a bit of a hiding off some Leeds fans at Elland road in the late 60s)

I was quite young (about 10) but yes, Leeds were known as a "dirty" team.

I know some of it was made for dramatic purposes but fuck me i hate lids even more now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.