Dangerous Dogs

Exactly as I predicted, this morning in my local park two young men parked up a pick-up truck and out poured five stunning Boerboel pups. They were immediately joined by a local XL Bully breeder on his bike. For those who don't know the breed, they are a South African Mastiff. The breed standard is for a weight between 68kg and 91kg. This is an average of 25 to 30kg above the XL Bully.

The American Kennel Club states: '
The imposing Boerboel is devoted to protecting the people and places he loves. Training and socialization should begin early, before a pup becomes a dominant adult. This is a trainable, versatile breed, eager to spend time with their adored humans. Still, a Boerboel might be way too much dog for the novice owner to handle.

Banning dog breeds is a complete nonsense. All that happens, is exactly what will now be happening as XL breeders move on to the next molosser that they can make money from, willing to serve the demand of clients who will not give a toss about the law but want a big, powerful dog.
Should be simple any dog over 25kg needs a special licence

Another XL bully has escaped and torn someones puppy to bits in a village near Doncaster.

It could easily have been a child that it attacked.

I’d have no problem destroying them all tomorrow.

They bring nothing nothing but fear to our society and should have been banned before now.

And it should be made illegal to breed dangerous dogs - end of.

Another XL bully has escaped and torn someones puppy to bits in a village near Doncaster.

It could easily have been a child that it attacked.

I’d have no problem destroying them all tomorrow.

They bring nothing nothing but fear to our society and should have been banned before now.

And it should be made illegal to breed dangerous dogs - end of.

Yet oddly there is a trade now in moving them into Scotland where the new rules don't apply...... seems odd

I was going to put this in a 'police' thread, but I guess it could fit just as well here.

Below may be upsetting, so don't click unless you're okay with context.

So, is this right or wrong...?

https://worldstarhiphop.com/videos/...umatized-after-police-officer-shoot-their-dog

The dog didn’t actually come at him did it, if it did try to attack then whatever shoot it but it was quite far away just barking.

He gave them what, 5 seconds to actually get the dog inside before shooting it 3 times.

Mad.

Unpopular opinion I’m sure but there are simply far too many dog owners in this country.

You can’t walk down the street without one getting in the way of your ankles and none of them are properly trained.

Official statistics say 13 million dogs and 31% of households having one. I say it’s more than that, that only tracks registered dogs.

Lockdown made this way worse, every wife in the country realised they hated their husband and bought a designer dog to spend time with instead.

I also believe it should be law that you can’t have a dog if you don’t have a garden. Cooping up a dog in an apartment is a disgrace.

The dog didn’t actually come at him did it, if it did try to attack then whatever shoot it but it was quite far away just barking.

He gave them what, 5 seconds to actually get the dog inside before shooting it 3 times.

Mad.
The officer should definitely have let the dog attack him first.

Of course you have first hand knowledge of all the intel known regarding that family. Looks to me like everybody was out of control. People need to control their dogs.

Most of the rules are uninforcable , if you abandon one for instance and it is not chipped how will the police know who the owner was ? How much time are the police going to spend on this when they are ignoring other crimes already ?
I'm not sure police choose to simply 'ignore'crimes. It is correct that many crimes will only get a crime number over the phone. But the stark reality is that its impossible to investigate every crime-you'd need 10 x times the number of police in order to do that.

The real issue for forces here is the number of officers trained in identifying dog breeds. I think my force had 1, 2 max. If I went to an address and believed I saw a pit bull terrier I'd refer it. Weeks later I'd get a response-and I was wrong every single time...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.