Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just a list of (admittedly great) right backs.

Did any of them ever put together a single season worthy of that Maicon year? The last 3 certainly not imo, maybe Lahm in Bayern's treble year? I'm not old enough to tell you about how good Maldini was in each of those seasons but I've seen enough of Maldini as a full back to know that his all round game (going forward as well as defending) wasn't as good as Maicon's. That's not to say Maicon was better than Maldini cos that's absolute bollocks but I haven't seen anything to suggest a better individual season than that one. Everything Maicon did that year was exceptional.

Maldini's game at full back wasn't as good as Maicon's. I've literally heard it all now.

Where? Words in my mouth again. I said that I doubt he's been signed as first choice but IF he has then it's a risk.

'IF' being the operative word.

I've maintained the whole time that he'd be a good squad option.
He will also be a high risk signing if he's signed as the first choice goal keeper.

Maldini's game at full back wasn't as good as Maicon's. I've literally heard it all now.

Maldini the far better player. Maicon better going forward. Make more out of the point than there is if you want, not bothered. I'm stating the obvious.

He will also be a high risk signing if he's signed as the first choice goal keeper.

Ok...

Anything relevant to add? Or summat I've said that isn't actually made up? Or are we done?

Maldini the far better player. Maicon better going forward. Make more out of the point than there is if you want, not bothered. I'm stating the obvious.

Ok...

Anything relevant to add? Or summat I've said that isn't actually made up? Or are we done?

Being relevant would be talking about the experience and knowledge he brings to the squad as well or are you just blinded by his age and the unnerving worry that you think he is being bought as our first choice right back??

Ok...

I've not made up anything you've said. I'm just adding my own caveats on the signing.

I approve of this signing and as I know more about football that everybody else the worriers can relax. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.