Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's good enough for Chuck Norris, its good enough for me

8163acd3fc353ac59a85d7bb01d273b5.jpg

I don't think Alves would last a full season plus CL as the main man. Fine in the slower paced Italian leagues but not in the fast paced PL. Walker might be still on, seems suss to me that he was "injured" for a couple games at the end of the season, but it might be someone else. We would still need a world class right back. Alves was, and now isn't.
And yet he was MoM in the CL semi-final. What evidence do you have that his game has dipped appreciably? I would say that his Champions League campaign proves he's still got it.

And yet he was MoM in the CL semi-final. What evidence do you have that his game has dipped appreciably? I would say that his Champions League campaign proves he's still got it.

I wouldn't say dipped. I would say not used to the fast pace of our league. I wouldn't like to go into our first game with him as our only proper right back. 2 world class-ish for every position. Not one old guy and an unproven youngster and Fernandinho on occasion.

Where? Words in my mouth again. I said that I doubt he's been signed as first choice but IF he has then it's a risk.

'IF' being the operative word.

I've maintained the whole time that he'd be a good squad option.

You've said it dozens of times. We get it. The thread is getting very very tiresome with you repeating the same thing over and over again.

I think we're trying to build a squad of quality where there won't really be a starting 11 and then cover players but where Guardiola has players of equal ability that can be called upon depending on the circumstances. So it probably won't be that 1 player is first choice and the other cover but 2 first choice players used depending on opposition and formation etc.

I wouldn't say dipped. I would say not used to the fast pace of our league. I wouldn't like to go into our first game with him as our only proper right back. 2 world class-ish for every position. Not one old guy and an unproven youngster and Fernandinho on occasion.
One's too old, ones too young, and one is too Brazilian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.