Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go back and watch Tolmie's videos, this was such an obvious signing. Good ol' Tolm, he called this before anyone....er...didn't he?

There really is no winning on here. We buy potential like Sterling or Stones and people complain they are years away from being the finished product. We look to buy experience and one of the games greatest RB's and people complain they aren't long term enough.

I'n finding it hard to believe anyone is actually against this signing?!

He clearly won't be first choice but having the best right back in the modern era who has proven he is still one of the best in the World as a rotation option doesn't appeal to people?! Do me a faour and remember where we came from

Not precious but i think it's ridiculous to suggest they wouldn't know who we were prior to 2008. They might not know the clubs entire history but they'll certainly be aware we exist. They're professional footballers, their entire life is football and always has been, i'm confident the vast majority of footballers when growing up would have been well aware of every premier league team and a few more in England. Back when we were shit we were probably best known for being Uniteds closest rivals than anything else so there's probably a lot of people that grew up knowing us purely as that but they still knew of us.
I don't think it was meant to be taken literally. Even if he had heard of City before, it probably didn't register.

Folks have to understand that others who are not from Europe don't understand your regions as well as you do. United was considered "The English club" in the 90s. Kids growing up in S. America, Asia and Africa or other parts of EurPoe for that matter weren't particularly concerned about who the other club in the City was.

I think, I'm in some sort of parallel universe here, where we get rid of one ageing full back and replace him with another!!

Think of the positive influence he would have with the younger players. Not to mention the young full backs.

It's a no brainier for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.