Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where on earth did I say that?

Oh sorry, you mentioned a "middle ground", which indicated you accepted both arguments to a certain degree (ie, he's a consensus word class RB but is 34)

I guess you're just another naysayer who knows nothing about him other than his age then.

No brainer for me, imagine having the option of rotating Alves and Walker on one side and possibly Mendy and Bertrand on the other. That's insane squad depth.

Bear in mind that Alves was probably the best right back in Europe last season and Walker has consistently been one of the top 2 right backs in England for 2 or 3 seasons. One has premier league experience and one has champions league experience; Pep could work wonders with those 2.
Agree totally with this. It would be the perfect situation and he could help Walker improve leaps and bounds.

He's a winner. We need players with his size of ego in the squad if we are going to really compete in the CL.

It does look like Juventus have used him mostly in the Champions League and in Serie A they've used him more sparingly. Dani Alves took the CL squad position, but Lichsteiner was not named. Lichsteiner was also one of the best right backs in his time. At his peak he was as good as Alves.

I would like to hear from fans who know what the current Alves is like. I'd also like to know how this impacts on Walker. Are we still in for him? We still need a right back as cover. Maybe that's Maffeo, or maybe we think Alves can do the job for a season and we can strengthen again in another window.

Daniel Levy has been accused in the past of treating his first team squad as real estate

I'm guessing because we still had Zabba & Sagna on the books along with Maffeo
On one of the 93:20 podcasts they interviewed the guy that wrote peps book and he said pep wanted to sign fullbacks last summer and he wasn't able to get them, could be Alves, he said he had offers that he turned down last summer

At this present time we have no RB's. Levy knows this so if we bid 35m for Walker he just says i want 40m. We bid 40m he says i know want 45m, knowing we're getting more desperate the closer to the start of the season. Signing Alves first might keep Walkers price down as Levy wont want to be stuck with an unhappy player.

For one season, yes, but we probaply need to get another RB in 2019-2020 season, at the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.