Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not missing players, just missing Robben shouldn't be an excuse when you have a 25-man squad full of many world class players as they claim their team has. And in the first game if they're missing Boateng they have someone else. If they're missing Robben they have Costa. It's Bayern's responsibility to take care of that. I gave you the example, Real Madrid were missing Bale and some other player, but they still scored 4 goals on that return leg. Bayern fans cried about Lewandowski missing in the first leg, it's their club's and their manager's responsibility to make sure they have a plan B when their main man isn't performing.

Last season?

No - we weren't really missing anything offensive as the usual setup in a 4-2-3-1 war pretty good even with a Coman and Costa (so Costa already was on the decline for us and Ribery was just starting matches after a long period out) - we were still missing a really fit defense - but that was not the problem.

Our problem was that we were like usual going into the away leg with only three offensive players - especially as just one of them in Lewy was strikerlike. Pep - as he often has told before - has the away tactic of controlling a match. And - as often that does not function against very good offensives full 90 minutes. In his ideal thinking - yes - in reality not. There is always the odd mistake. And he accepted and knew that we usually were pretty toothless offensively that way.

That is my main critics against Pep. That brought us onto the backfoot a couple of times before. Donezk and Porto, even Real and Barcelona the seasons before. The away goal is so important and a 0:1 against top teams mean that you have to open up at home and the opponent sits back - and a goal against means that you have to score 3! We might be able to work it out against teams like the mentioned Donezk or Porto - but against very good defenses and teams with a great counter attacking thread it does not work.

There is two factors in it - one is the third midfielder for Müller - one is Alonso for ball control instead of a more sweeper like no. 6. No - somewhen mentioned him before (I had it connected with my name in the Alerts!) - Alonso was never a problem during the Pep years. He was instrumental for Pep's idea of play and he was well whenever his other midfielders were giving him options. All players have their weaknesses. With Pep that was still okay - with Ancelottis fullbacks that often had to play very high and did not play inverted the more defensive sweeper like 6 would have been mandatory when I would have been asked.

At the end we could have made it against Atletico if Müller would have scored the penalty - but that is even made with a questionmark as Griezman did not convert his either and Atletico had scored another goal in the return leg.

Wouldn't believe what hunter says he lost is house when he said isco was coming to city.
I would, he knows his stuff. Just because he got one wrong a while back doesn't mean he's unreliable. Pretty sure we were close to signing Isco but there was some issue with his father which caused the deal to collapse.

And actually he doesn't say he's definitely coming to us, he's just talking about his ability, character, relationship with Pep and a bit about his relationship with Juve. He's clearly a player he is on good terms with and understands very well.

I would, he knows his stuff. Just because he got one wrong a while back doesn't mean he's unreliable. Pretty sure we were close to signing Isco but there was some issue with his father which caused the deal to collapse.

And actually he doesn't say he's definitely coming to us, he's just talking about his ability, character, relationship with Pep and a bit about his relationship with Juve. He's clearly a player he is on good terms with and understands very well.
Still put is house on it,Tim vickery is the main man for stuff.

Why did Juve agree to let him go for free?
Bit nice of them - not like a football club to be nice.

Can anyone explain the logic behind this? Why Juventus will release him for free when he has a contract and there are a teams that wants him, us or Chelsea and certainly willing to pay 3-5 million for him.

Only thing I can think is that he's due a loyalty bonus from Juve that is likely to be due at the end of this month. Say he's due £3m, they're probably happy to just cancel the contract and let him leave.

Impossible to know, but he was a free agent at 33 when they signed him to a 2 year deal.

He may well have had a break clause in his contract like Ibrahimovic did at United to be activated by either party.

Impossible to know, but he was a free agent at 33 when they signed him to a 2 year deal.

He may well have had a break clause in his contract like Ibrahimovic did at United to be activated by either party.

There was a report in January (I think) that said he could terminate his deal or leave for a very small modest sum. Either way, what a deal this is for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.