Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've asked already mate but perhaps you can explain to me why it makes any difference to the Walker negotiations?

The way I see it we would have to bring in another right back regardless of Alves joining so what's changed?
It seems to go: Levy thinks; oh shit, they've just bought a fullback so I can only ask for a tiny transfer fee. He then wakes up to no Alves, puts on his Scrooge outfit, punches the air and says; aha, now I can ask £70M. Or something like that!!

Doesn't he? Wasn't aware that Goal use this practice too.

Would he have any control/say over what headline accompanies his articles?

My understanding is that the sub editors decide on the headline after reading the proof and considering what would be eye catching.

He either joins City or he doesn't. If he doesn't then there are other options. If he decides that he would be happier to be living and playing in Paris, I don't think it would be worth offering him massive wages in the hope that would motivate him at City. That isn't to say that I don't rate him, just that the deal has to be right for both club and player.

It has to be said its more than a minor inconvenience, at least in my opinion. Yeah ok, his best days are behind him but he has qualities which undoubtedly would of enhanced our squad and all on a free transfer. I'm not gonna cry a river over this, we will have another target in mind for sure but there's no point pretending this isn't a big blow. Its not a question of flapping, but we really need to start getting our deals over the line.

PL is physically the most demanding league in the world ..at 34 his age will catch up with him sooner or later.
14 million vs 5 million would only make the Paris decision easier, similar money? Different scenario

For a player who has been a success everywhere? It's guaranteed.

And considering how poor fullback play was for City and how important it is for what Pep likes to do, it's more than a minor inconvenience. Also means that Spurs & Levy have a fantastic bargaining position for Walker

we would have needed to buy another player in the same position anyway
You really think Levy would drop the asking price for Walker if City had signed Alves
PSG play in a physically less demanding league that's a good thing for Alves at 34 ..he can save his legs for the world cup

Given that he was on a free and clearly a back up it means we are now be looking at another right back. So Levy might have lost some of his power in that he won't know whether we are now looking for a first choice right back other than Walker or for a back up with Walker still the number one choice

Homegrown is a massive plus in his favour though. That's probably worth an additional £10/20m

Likewise Alves would have taken a foreign spot in the team and we can now prioritise a foreign RB as number 1 and a HG cover (Maffio maybe)

Still feel Walker is our prime RB target and Mendy LB

Bertrand to cover would be great for LB who for RB ???

If that's the case, it's almost malicious & a bit strange tbh.

I can see why he'd go there, if he thinks we are getting someone like Walker, with whom he would have to share the position. But why he has done it in that manner, I don't understand.

He's let Pep down, badly.

Yeah I completely agree, just seems a bit strange. I'm not going to insult a man for taking a big raise and moving to Paris to live with his model wife, sounds ideal tbh, but he has really pulled Pep's pants down.

I'd wait until there are some better sources that report he is indeed on circa 230k/week but IF it's true then there is absolutely no way we were paying this to him and make him our best paid player or at least on the level of Aguero's wages. He's not Messi ffs.

I concur, it's silly money and this is the advantage that PSG can have in the market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.