Dani Olmo

how are people still slating the signing of Kovacic last summer? fucking bizarre

Madness. Was one of the most important players towards the end of the season I thought. Steadied many ships when we were in winning positions - didn't let the game run away from us (Palace at home for example) and made sure we made a habit of grinding wins out at a vital time.

Love the guy, personally.

Madness. Was one of the most important players towards the end of the season I thought. Steadied many ships when we were in winning positions - didn't let the game run away from us (Palace at home for example) and made sure we made a habit of grinding wins out at a vital time.

Agree - solid signing. Experienced and seems a good fit. Not set the place on fire but not every signing can. But he has done enough to justify getting him. Olmo appears to be a good player but contrary to belief we don’t have limitless funds. So a different profile midfielder and a wide player are needed instead. If Kev does fancy Saudi then that may change.

Kovacic helped the team to have 70% possession instead of 65% every game, but he doesn't create much going forward.

I don't want to compare him with Gundogan, but I think even Nunes was more effective offensively with Wolves than Kovacic with Chelsea or City.

Kovacic helped the team to have 70% possession instead of 65% every game, but he doesn't create much going forward.

I don't want to compare him with Gundogan, but I think even Nunes was more effective offensively with Wolves than Kovacic with Chelsea or City.
he helped the shape of the team with no stones. he'd drop back into the box midfield, Foden off the left and Gvardiol pushed up. Helped massively in structure and getting kev/foden into the 10s

It’s a pity that Kovacic isn’t 5 years younger as Gundogan’s stats for his first years with us weren’t great on goal involvements. He learned as a false 9 and became Lampard-esque in his late arrival into the box.

Kovacic may still improve in the final third, but he’s really important in the more difficult games.

It’s a pity that Kovacic isn’t 5 years younger as Gundogan’s stats for his first years with us weren’t great on goal involvements. He learned as a false 9 and became Lampard-esque in his late arrival into the box.

Kovacic may still improve in the final third, but he’s really important in the more difficult games.
Also I think Kova was important for getting Gvardiol to City. Just putting my tinfoil hat on for a bit but I do wonder if that was part of the reason we (not the only reason, obviously) brought him in. Gvardiol gets a fellow Croatian to help him acclimate to England and we get the best defensive prospect of the entire summer window.

I like Kova as a whole though and think he was a fantastic signing. Very underrated player for what he brings to the table.

Mad

Not every player needs to be a goal threat, Pep craves control and that’s just as important if the 4/5 attacking players do their jobs. Plus, Rodri added more goals to his game last season which helped.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.