Dani Olmo

I don't even know how to answer that. I am trying to figure out the same thing. Besides the Release Clause-the path of less resistance for Txiki, I really don't know why we are signing him. He is a good player but a sick note.
they wanted him last year (allegedly) but there was no rc and leipzig refused.

i’m following this topic all over internet, the olmo hate is immense.

We have been linked with Olmo for 4-5 years now, since 2019. For me its not hate. Olmo is a good player. For me, it's the injuries. We can not afford to have such players given the fact that our squad is so thin and might potentially lose senior key members by this transfer window. With increased games and Euros, we need players that are available when called upon!

We have been linked with Olmo for 4-5 years now, since 2019. For me its not hate. Olmo is a good player. For me, it's the injuries. We can not afford to have such players given the fact that our squad is so thin and might potentially lose senior key members by this transfer window. With increased games and Euros, we need players that are available when called upon!
i totally understand the injury issue, i also totally understand that some people want to sign superstars only.

what i don’t get is why would city want a player with such injury record. what do they see that every tom, dick, and harry with transfermarkt tab open can’t?

also, many comments have nothing to do with his injuries, they moan about him not being a city worthy player in general, or basically say that he’s a shit player. and i’m sure they haven’t been watching leipzig or dinamo regularly.

who knows what’ll happen anyway.

list of people who like the idea:
1. joško
2. vanchi
(both amazing examples of croatian excellence:D)

Those 2 I can definitely voucher for ;)
you sir are a man of good taste, a connoisseur even! :D

i just read some of your posts on another thread, the superstars tantrum and so on. i joined this forum in the middle of the flappers/happy clappers great war of 2023, and man most of you can’t discuss stuff normally. as a clueless outsider, i thought the transfers were somewhat underwhelming but that’s how city roll apparently.

i agree with you about madrid, this was supposed to be their bad season due to many injuries, joselu as a striker bla bla bla, and they lost 2 games in all comps last time i checked. they’re building a killer squad there.

if the gossip is true, pep wants bruno and paqueta, and that’s bruno over neves for pep. giving him what he wants to make him happy and maybe more likely to stay sounds good to me.

if olmo happens (bayern and liverpool want him, allegedly) stay safe, go to a happy place in your head, take a walk or a diazepam.

you sir are a man of good taste, a connoisseur even! :D

i agree with you about madrid, this was supposed to be their bad season due to many injuries, joselu as a striker bla bla bla, and they lost 2 games in all comps last time i checked. they’re building a killer squad there.
I was hoping to strengthen with players that can be a serious danger on the EUROPEAN stage. Madrid is pulling away in that regard. For example, look at the way they played us, they played a super-low block. We did not deserve to lose that game but we did by penalty shoot-out. Madrid were hanging on for dear life. They knew if they played a game of football with us, they would lose, so they counted on the penalties to stand a chance. Now, Imagine if we had a player like Musiala, a player that can literally penetrate and dismantle low blocks, score or provide an assist, we could have won by a good margin in that game. Sometimes a Superstar is require to get over the line. We are not only playing in the EPL but EUROPE too, superstars come in handy. Rodri, KdB and Foden are Superstars and they have delivered and won games for us, I doubt we would have been here if they weren't superstars!

Last edited:
if the gossip is true, pep wants bruno and paqueta, and that’s bruno over neves for pep. giving him what he wants to make him happy and maybe more likely to stay sounds good to me.
I like Bruno, but I prefer Neves because of his longevity, 10+years he can stay in this club. Paqueta is a good player, that I like, check my post about him.
if olmo happens (bayern and liverpool want him, allegedly) stay safe, go to a happy place in your head, take a walk or a diazepam.
I am afraid that I would end up being an addict if I did. The anxiety this club gives me, when transfer season comes, would require truck loads of Diazepam. I would rather weather the storm in my head ;D

Then, the same people will say some average players from average premier league clubs are incredible. People say it's the injuries, but our staff are not idiots, and they must know exactly what's up with him like they knew with the likes of Gundo, or Jeremy Doku more recently. For me, it's the premier league bias. Some would only sign players from the premier league just because the outside world doesn't exist for them if it's not a superstar. For me, the majority of premier league players have heavily inflated values, and if Dani Olmo played for a mid-table PL team, he would be considered a 100m player in today's market.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.