Daniel Agger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Agger Bid

Del_Bosque said:
After VK and Lescott we've not got one CB who's anywhere near the standard or ever will be.

I'm not including Rekik in this as he's about 3 years away from a starting place.

We need a CB then someone who can cover CB if needed.

Savic will be good enough in 2-3 years, yes I really do believe that.

Rekik will be too, just right for when Joleon starts his eventual decline.

Savic and Rekik are already with the 1st team so 2-3 seasons is too long. Maybe they wont make it, but I am sure they will get their chance this season.

Don't think Mancini will risk his defensive cover on them unless he is really confident of their ability to make the grade.

oakiecokie said:
I`m certain that some people don`t realise that Rekik has only just had his 17th birthday.
He was out on loan in the Championship last season so regardless of his age, I think he will feature this season. League Cup and FA Cup if we get a good draw

oakiecokie said:
I`m certain that some people don`t realise that Rekik has only just had his 17th birthday.

Yep still green despite showing promise in pre-season.

Marvin said:
oakiecokie said:
He was out on loan in the Championship last season so regardless of his age, I think he will feature this season. League Cup and FA Cup if we get a good draw

No Marv,not disputing what you`re saying,but I just think its a little too early to be looking at him as a replacement for someone for PL games.
Defo agree League Cup and possibly FA Cup for starters.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:58 pm --<br /><br />
carlos92 said:
oakiecokie said:

I would be disappointed if this lad doesn`t make it to the top,eventually.

he wasn't included in the squad according to rogers as he wants to ease him back in and he wasn't 100 % fit. He was quoted as saying after the game. So not a whole lot to make of that then.

oakiecokie said:
Marvin said:
oakiecokie said:

No Marv,not disputing what you`re saying,but I just think its a little too early to be looking at him as a replacement for someone for PL games.
Defo agree League Cup and possibly FA Cup for starters.

-- Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:58 pm --

carlos92 said:
oakiecokie said:

In a couple of years with a bit of luck Rekik will be challenging our first two centre halves. He looks like he has nearly all the attributes to be a quality defender.

carlos92 said:
oakiecokie said:
Marvin said:

Defo agree League Cup and possibly FA Cup for starters.

-- Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:58 pm --

carlos92 said:

In a couple of years with a bit of luck Rekik will be challenging our first two centre halves. Savic for all his faults will make it but not at City. A player like Agger will be ideal as will put pressure on Lescott and if Kompany is injured then we won't be sweating to much. I am speculating a bit though.

I think thats a fair evaluation of the problems we have at the moment.Whether we include Kolo in that scenario,depends on his possible move to RM I assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.