Daniel Agger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Agger Bid

Hughes tried that one and ultimately failed on that one. Better to keep Komps as Centre Back.

carlos92 said:
Hughes tried that one and ultimately failed on that one. Better to keep Komps as Centre Back.

Hughes was right to play Kompany defensive mid. That's where he had Played the majority of his career up until we bought him. I distinctly remember a lot on here being baffled when kompany was moved to centre back. You'll laugh and not remember but that is true.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:37 pm --<br /><br />
Luke_mcfc said:
carlos92 said:

Hughes was right to play Kompany defensive mid. That's where he had Played the majority of his career up until we bought him. I distinctly remember a lot on here being baffled when kompany was moved to centre back. You'll laugh and not remember but that is true.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=99179&p=1496831&hilit=Kompany#p1496831" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=99179&p=1496831&hilit=Kompany#p1496831</a>

VOILA....

Adam-mcfc said:
Lescott had the best tackling rate of any centre back in the league last year. Not to mention he held the defence together when Kompany was out, with fookin Savic next to him. All the while he received only 1 yellow all season and missed no games but for injuries.

I don't buy that Agger is more talented than Lescott. In fact the general consensus during the majority of the season was that Joleon was having a better year than big Vinny himself. For the past two years we've had the best defensive record in the league. Lescott and Kompany pulled their weight equally.

Agger is great for rotation and as a back up but I wouldn't break up the VK+JL partnership for anyone (except Thiago Silva, Chiellini, Vidic etc but they're all unnattainable)

Lescott almost single handerly cost us the league last season with a mistimed headed clearance. I love the guy but you need to replace what isn't quite up to the mark.

The First Earl said:
Adam-mcfc said:
Lescott had the best tackling rate of any centre back in the league last year. Not to mention he held the defence together when Kompany was out, with fookin Savic next to him. All the while he received only 1 yellow all season and missed no games but for injuries.

I don't buy that Agger is more talented than Lescott. In fact the general consensus during the majority of the season was that Joleon was having a better year than big Vinny himself. For the past two years we've had the best defensive record in the league. Lescott and Kompany pulled their weight equally.

Agger is great for rotation and as a back up but I wouldn't break up the VK+JL partnership for anyone (except Thiago Silva, Chiellini, Vidic etc but they're all unnattainable)

Lescott almost single handerly cost us the league last season with a mistimed headed clearance. I love the guy but you need to replace what isn't quite up to the mark.
Harsh that !

The First Earl said:
Adam-mcfc said:

Did Kompany almost cost us the league for letting Traore skip past him easily for QPR third goal as well ? You sir, are a fail.

ballinio said:
reddishblue said:
LoveCity said:
Possibly, but only if Kompany and Agger develop a partnership as good as Kompany and Lescott have. No doubt Agger is more talented than Lescott but it's how good a partnership with Kompany can be. Kompany always lavishes praise on Lescott.

Just a thought, what if Kompany was pushed into midfield where I believe his best position may be? I remember his debut v wet spam and he was very impressive in that role.
Did you say that you`d like to see the best centre half in the country, player of the year pushed into midfield, are you on drugs or just a fucking idiot ?
He was and is a quality midfielder, he is just a better CH. Don't forget he was bought as a midfielder, it's not that ridiculous to suggest he could go back there, although I personally don't believe he should. Also your reply was way over the top and was aimed at a fellow blue.

The First Earl said:
Adam-mcfc said:

What the fuck are you on about? What about his goal against Villa when none of the rest of our team looked like scoring. Or how about his goal against spurs. Not just goals he is solid at the back. He was arguably Englands best defender at the Euros. He is a top defender and we have just won the league with Joe Hart getting the golden gloves.

greasedupdeafguy said:
carlos92 said:
He was amazing in midfield if I remember correctly, he just better in defence.

But at International level and up until he signed for City Vinnie was playing CB, and I thought he was more comfortable there. It was Roberto who switched him to Centre Back and the rest is history.

The First Earl said:
Adam-mcfc said:

Understand what your sayin 2 a point but if you going 2 say that , what about us beating Villa 1 0 away from home he scored the winner so without them extra 2 points we would not had won it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.