Daniel Agger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Agger Bid

Would be a very good signing if it happens we could even throw in santa cruz and adebayor as a swap

WeAllHateUnited said:
I’d like to prefix this post by letting you all know that I’m a Liverpool fan, but I’m not here to troll, wind anyone up, or irritate. In fact, I feel forever indebted to City for giving me one of the most hilarious and satisfying moments in my life as a football follower, when you took the title away from the Scum with only moments left in the season. The look on Whiskey-Nose’s face as the news broke around the Stadium of Light was truly a sight to cherish. As they say, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

So why am I here? Well it seems like your club have serious interest in our Daniel Agger, and it also seems (according to reliable LFC-based sources) that Rodgers is willing to sell. Don’t take his willingness to part with the player as any indication of his ability, because Agger is an excellent footballer, it just appears that our American owners are (rightly) disappointed with Kenny’s wasteful spending last season, and would like to see some sales before purchases. Rodgers wants to raise funds to stamp his mark on the squad, and depressingly for us Liverpool fans, it appears Agger is the one to be sold.

Agger’s been in the league for some time now, but you may still not know as much as you’d like about him. He’s struggled with injuries a lot, but last season was his best yet in terms of fitness and playing time which should give some hope that he’s starting to put his injury worries behind him. He’s left-footed, cultured and comfortable on the ball, but not afraid to get stuck in either. While Skrtel has been the man to put in the rugged robust challenge for us, Agger is one of the best central defenders in Europe in my opinion at making timely interceptions (statistics back this up). He reads the game so well. He’s got a wicked left peg that can really strike a ball, and he loves to link with the midfield and join the attack (but in a much more measured and less reckless way than, say, David Luiz).

I’m a realist. I understand that as a football side, Liverpool are years and many good decisions away from competing with yourselves, the Scum, and Chelski. I mention good decisions, because our decline has been punctuated by bad ones: replacing Alonso with Aquilani, replacing Mascherano with Poulsen (!!), replacing Torres with the Donkey from Shrek, and replacing our best manager in years with the tactical dinosaur that is Uncle Woy. It’s because of our current plight that I understand, unlike some other Liverpool fans, that we’re not going to be able to keep a player like Agger from moving to City. The promise of consistent title challenges, European nights and playing with a cast of world-class players is something I cannot begrudge a 27-year old entering the peak of his powers, and something we can’t offer right now.

It’s for this reason that, if an agreement is/has been reached with City, I wish Daniel Agger the best of luck (when he’s not playing us!) and expect to see him forge an absolutely formidable partnership with Vincent Kompany in the middle of the park.

Cheers.

Decent post to be fair

WeAllHateUnited said:
I’d like to prefix this post by letting you all know that I’m a Liverpool fan, but I’m not here to troll, wind anyone up, or irritate. In fact, I feel forever indebted to City for giving me one of the most hilarious and satisfying moments in my life as a football follower, when you took the title away from the Scum with only moments left in the season. The look on Whiskey-Nose’s face as the news broke around the Stadium of Light was truly a sight to cherish. As they say, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

So why am I here? Well it seems like your club have serious interest in our Daniel Agger, and it also seems (according to reliable LFC-based sources) that Rodgers is willing to sell. Don’t take his willingness to part with the player as any indication of his ability, because Agger is an excellent footballer, it just appears that our American owners are (rightly) disappointed with Kenny’s wasteful spending last season, and would like to see some sales before purchases. Rodgers wants to raise funds to stamp his mark on the squad, and depressingly for us Liverpool fans, it appears Agger is the one to be sold.

Agger’s been in the league for some time now, but you may still not know as much as you’d like about him. He’s struggled with injuries a lot, but last season was his best yet in terms of fitness and playing time which should give some hope that he’s starting to put his injury worries behind him. He’s left-footed, cultured and comfortable on the ball, but not afraid to get stuck in either. While Skrtel has been the man to put in the rugged robust challenge for us, Agger is one of the best central defenders in Europe in my opinion at making timely interceptions (statistics back this up). He reads the game so well. He’s got a wicked left peg that can really strike a ball, and he loves to link with the midfield and join the attack (but in a much more measured and less reckless way than, say, David Luiz).

I’m a realist. I understand that as a football side, Liverpool are years and many good decisions away from competing with yourselves, the Scum, and Chelski. I mention good decisions, because our decline has been punctuated by bad ones: replacing Alonso with Aquilani, replacing Mascherano with Poulsen (!!), replacing Torres with the Donkey from Shrek, and replacing our best manager in years with the tactical dinosaur that is Uncle Woy. It’s because of our current plight that I understand, unlike some other Liverpool fans, that we’re not going to be able to keep a player like Agger from moving to City. The promise of consistent title challenges, European nights and playing with a cast of world-class players is something I cannot begrudge a 27-year old entering the peak of his powers, and something we can’t offer right now.

It’s for this reason that, if an agreement is/has been reached with City, I wish Daniel Agger the best of luck (when he’s not playing us!) and expect to see him forge an absolutely formidable partnership with Vincent Kompany in the middle of the park.

Cheers.
Good post mate. Welcome aboard.

WeAllHateUnited said:

Cheers.

A well reasoned Liverpool fan.Thanks for that and keep in touch on here.

WeAllHateUnited said:

Cheers.

Nice one WAHU... So how much do you reckon he's worth/we'll get him for?

Aye, nice post, Rodgers MUST think that a couple of the youngsters are ready and he will bring them through. Pleased to hear that should we sign him the scousers rate him highly

i8rags said:
ballinio said:
reddishblue said:
Just a thought, what if Kompany was pushed into midfield where I believe his best position may be? I remember his debut v wet spam and he was very impressive in that role.
Did you say that you`d like to see the best centre half in the country, player of the year pushed into midfield, are you on drugs or just a fucking idiot ?
He was and is a quality midfielder, he is just a better CH. Don't forget he was bought as a midfielder, it's not that ridiculous to suggest he could go back there, although I personally don't believe he should. Also your reply was way over the top and was aimed at a fellow blue.
a fools a fool whoever he supports. I think its right that i respond in this way when i see utter garbage like that. i accept that he`s probebly on a wind up or he`s bored & got no life. Perm any one .

Agger Bid

carlos92 said:
BenchillBlue said:
Vincent said:
Did Kompany almost cost us the league for letting Traore skip past him easily for QPR third goal as well ? You sir, are a fail.
I would hardly call it "fail" he does have a point and whilst Kompany did get caught by Traore, Lescott was hardly defending great trying to defend the second goal, infact, he didn't marshall the rest of the lads for the ball into the middle, we were all over the place with no Vinny their.

I think Kompany was carrying an injury in the QPR game. Lescott was shaky in that game as well even though QPR weren't attacking all that much.
No idea, maybe the occasion got to the pair of them. Agger would be a good signing, but in no way would I split Kompany and Lescott up if the gaffer plays two in the middle.

WeAllHateUnited said:

Cheers.

You're taking it much better than I would. I hated it when Chelsea took Wright-Phillips from us, I should have been used to it as all our half decent players moved on. Agger's ball playing abilities are clearly what Mancini likes and chances are he'll play fewer games with us hopefully easing his injury chances. Looking forward to our first away game of the season, good luck after that ;)

WeAllHateUnited said:

Cheers.
Thanks for your views. Unusual to read such a reasoned post from a rival without an angle on here

Agger has always impressed me. Hope we can do the deal. £18m or £20m seems like very good business for City when you look what we have had to pay in the past. When I heard the rumours that we were in for him I thought there's no way Liverpool will sell. But if Rogers has to sell to buy then he doesn't have much choice.

Good Luck next season. I think you might have got a good manager. Will be very interesting to see how you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.