Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Agger Bid

CTIDANDREW said:
carlos92 said:
cmdub said:
agger is ours, agger is ours, fuck off you scousers agger is ours

just thought that was funny for some reason

Jumping the gun a little bit there. I am still using my prayer mat.

Yeah got to agree with carlos, after the Hazard fiasco where it looked all but done. I for now on will not get excited until I see it on the main site haha.

Even then I still be a bit sceptical.

Guardian is saying Liverpool want £22m for Agger. I say give them, straight simple transfer. He's worth it so get it done blues!

22M seems a lot but in greater scheme of things we paid 24M for Jo Les - who has become a bit of beast - but at the time was a bit of a nervous neddy.

Agger has 6 years of prem playing time, international experience and is widely thought of by the pool fans as "world class." That may be a bit OTT but he's at the right age and fits the bill perfectly. I'd be ok with giving 22M to buy a few scott sinclairs and nathan dyers.

Stevie G must be having kittens

This is one signing I would be over the moon about, when I heard we were linked with Skrtel a month or so back I had some concerns. Agger is a CB who could slot into any defence in the world with ease, Kompany Lescott and Agger is a trio good enough to challenge on all fronts next year. Get it done!

WTF is this???? I thought £18 million was bad enough but Liverpool want £22 million for someone we may not get a whole season out of due to injuries.

And they say £10 million is too much for Clint dempsye.

Fuck off Liverpool and go back to whichever world your living in.

Way overpriced IMO. Are we spending just for the sake of it ?

I think a back 3 of Agger, Vinny and Joleon would be extremely solid and imposing, especially at set pieces (both ours and theirs). It'd allow us to play a 3-5-2 with Richards/Zab and Clichy/Kolarov as the wide men in the midfield 5.

This would be good as it'd allow use of Kolarov in his 'proper' position of left midfield/wing.

This would also help to get the best out of Dzeko (width and crosses play to his strengths) if he is in fact staying.

Very solid defensively and very potent attack wise.

Add a central midfield of Yaya, Silva and Nasri and a front two of Aguero and Tevez/Balo/Dzeko to that and we'd be looking formidable.

If we are gonna pay around 20m for him, it just means we are more likely to be starting with back-3 formation. That is until we might discover it's not working at some point, and one of the defenders get dropped, blah blah blah.

I'd probably get excited if we got him, but right now I don't really want him. £22m is far too much for someone who isn't better than Lescott.

SuperYaya said:
I'd probably get excited if we got him, but right now I don't really want him. £22m is far too much for someone who isn't better than Lescott.
Lescott and/or Vinnie could do a cruciate on Sunday and be out for the season. Kolo is in decline, Savic not ready, Rekik not ready, Micah is not a centre half long term.
Why people only think in terms of 'first choice' for any position in the team is beyond me.
The fact we were able to rotate players last season helped to give us the best injury record in the league.
I would take either Agger or Skrtel, preferably the latter. Liverpool had the best CB pairing after ours last season, imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.