Daniel Agger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Agger announcement

Salar said:
Adbs said:
Salar said:
Rodgers sound's like a bit of a ****.He is almost robbing his previous club on the cheap and taking their star players and Is comparing Aggers fee to Thiago Silva's.I hope we pay nothing above 18 or 20 at the most.

I think its a very comparable situation.
Both of the same age, both wanted by a mega-rich club, both quality players. If Thiago Silva went for €42m, there's no reason to suggest Liverpool shouldn't look at that and say Agger is worth a similar amount.

And how is trying to sign Allen for £12-15m ish 'almost robbing'?
Just cause we are a rich club does not mean we have to pay over the odds.We overpaid for players before because we didn't have much incentive to lure them to our club now that we are champions we can offer players more then money.And why are you comparing Silva to Agger,Silva is a much better player but even he is not worth the stupid amount that PSG paid for him.I mean c'mon Its about time that other clubs stop thinking of us as a bunch of mugs.And didn't rodgers have a agreement with Swansea not to take their players after he moved to a different cub.Add to that Agger's injury record then I think 18 mill is good enough.

I didn't say it would happen, but Liverpool could use that as a 'bargaining' tool.

Anyone who would say Silva is 'much better' is probably only basing that on the fact he has a cooler sounding name AKA Football Manager syndrome. They're both in the top level of CBs worldwide. The only reason to devalue Agger is his injury record.

Adbs said:
Ntini77 said:
Adbs said:
Both of the same age, both wanted by a mega-rich club, both quality players. If Thiago Silva went for €42m, there's no reason to suggest Liverpool shouldn't look at that and say Agger is worth a similar amount.

I smell a scouser.

I'm sorry, what I meant to say was
'OMG AGGER IS CRAP HE'S WORTH LIKE £10M TOPS'

Believe it or not, there is a figure to be found between 10m and 42m. Using Thiago as an example of prices for centre backs is absurd. No-one will be paying that again for a CB in a long time (not accounting for inflation).

Adbs said:
Ntini77 said:
Adbs said:

I smell a scouser.

I'm sorry, what I meant to say was
'OMG AGGER IS CRAP HE'S WORTH LIKE £10M TOPS'

No, but you do come across as very Pro-Liverpool at the very least.

Rodgers had a written agreement not to go after Swansea players and is trying to raid them for players. Swansea fans calling him Judas already. I'd be concerned if Ashley Williams replaced Agger if I was a Liverpool fan.

£10 million and AJ

Been telling all me Red Dipper supporting mates all summer AJ will end up there and i believe this will be the deal that will seal it.

Damanino said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
£18M seems a bit steep to me.

We are lucky if that's the price but doubt it.

Liverpool buy Henderson for 20 mill yet will let agger go for 18 mill..

seriously fucked up tbh.

Adbs said:
Salar said:
Adbs said:

Just cause we are a rich club does not mean we have to pay over the odds.We overpaid for players before because we didn't have much incentive to lure them to our club now that we are champions we can offer players more then money.And why are you comparing Silva to Agger,Silva is a much better player but even he is not worth the stupid amount that PSG paid for him.I mean c'mon Its about time that other clubs stop thinking of us as a bunch of mugs.And didn't rodgers have a agreement with Swansea not to take their players after he moved to a different cub.Add to that Agger's injury record then I think 18 mill is good enough.

I didn't say it would happen, but Liverpool could use that as a 'bargaining' tool.

Anyone who would say Silva is 'much better' is probably only basing that on the fact he has a cooler sounding name AKA Football Manager syndrome. They're both in the top level of CBs worldwide. The only reason to devalue Agger is his injury record.
Siva is better then Agger the same way that kompany is better the Agger.I don't play FM I suck at it.

Liverpool are an amazing club: they live on their (brilliant) past in posturing about signings etc, when they haven't won a title for 21 years. I'm not saying "one title makes a summer" but you get my drift.

Adbs said:
Salar said:
Adbs said:

Surely Liverpool need to raise some cash to fund Rodger's player purchases? If Liverpool are serious about City matching Silva's fee that just isn't going to happen. I'd suggest it's in Liverpool's interests to reach a compromise asap, giving the new manager enough time to spend the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.