Daniel Agger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Agger announcement

Adbs said:
No bid has been accepted, Liverpool want considerably more than City are willing to pay.
For it to be 'confirmed by Friday' there would have to be a hell of a lot of movement.
I'd guess somebody is making stuff up.

How do you know this?
Maybe your source is a day behind the OP's source so are not fully aware of recent developments

pavelsrnicek said:
Blu KB said:
Not as good as Joleon for me, especially off the back of last season, personally id prefer a cheaper, experienced option. its only cover we need.

£20m effectively for a backup is a bit much

i don't think he'll come here as a replacement for Lescott, more like a replacement for Savic and possibly Kolo. don't forget Savic played a a number of games for us when VK was suspended and also when Lescott was injured.

He is currently a regular starter - Barca are apparantly interested in him - where ever he goes i suspect he would want to play - coming to City as a back up i really cant see happening

Eitherway, it's going to end in tears.

-- Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:55 pm --

All over News Now.

Rodger's speaks.

Is it really happening behind the scenes?

Agger can leave if price is right: Rodgers
By AFPPublished Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers said Wednesday that the Anfield club could be willing to sell Danish international defender Daniel Agger if Manchester City meet their asking price.

Reigning Premier League champions City have been linked with Agger, with manager Roberto Mancini anxious to strengthen his squad before the transfer window closes.

City rate the 27-year-old central defender in the £18-million ($28.2m) bracket.

That sum may not be enough to persuade Liverpool to sell, but Rodgers admits that Agger could go if City come back with a higher offer.

"Every player has a price and top centre-halves are at a premium," said Rodgers.

"Thiago Silva has left AC Milan for PSG for £40 million ($62.7m).

"He (Agger) is one of the leading players in European football, so it is going to be a big valuation.

"Is he a player I want to lose? No. He understands how I want to work and can play a real pivotal part in how I want to play.

"But I am a realist. If someone comes in with a massive bid and it is in the best interests of the club, whether it is Daniel or any other player, you have to look at it."

Owner John Henry, who sanctioned previous manager Kenny Dalglish's huge summer spending spree 12 months ago, also hinted that Liverpool would be more than willing to sell at the right price in order to raise funds.

"The reality is we don't have the money that was here," he said.

"I don't have a bucket load of money to go and get in a load of players. We have to be strategic."

Kompany and Agger would be immense and I don't think he will be a back up.I think slowly he will start in place of lescott and either kolo will go or savic will be off for loan.

The better defender in the eyes of Mancini, who has turned out defence into one of the best in Europe, will play. Or both will play if we adopt 3-5-2 regularly. Either way, we'll have one extra good defender in reserve than last season, so why bicker over it?

117 M34 said:
Adbs said:
No bid has been accepted, Liverpool want considerably more than City are willing to pay.
For it to be 'confirmed by Friday' there would have to be a hell of a lot of movement.
I'd guess somebody is making stuff up.

How do you know this?
Maybe your source is a day behind the OP's source so are not fully aware of recent developments

Unless there has been a bid accepted in the past 6 hours, there is no way it'll be confirmed by Friday

jrb said:

All over News Now.

Rodger's speaks.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers said Wednesday that the Anfield club could be willing to sell Danish international defender Daniel Agger if Manchester City meet their asking price.

Reigning Premier League champions City have been linked with Agger, with manager Roberto Mancini anxious to strengthen his squad before the transfer window closes.

That sum may not be enough to persuade Liverpool to sell, but Rodgers admits that Agger could go if City come back with a higher offer.

"Every player has a price and top centre-halves are at a premium," said Rodgers.

"He (Agger) is one of the leading players in European football, so it is going to be a big valuation.

"Is he a player I want to lose? No. He understands how I want to work and can play a real pivotal part in how I want to play.

"But I am a realist. If someone comes in with a massive bid and it is in the best interests of the club, whether it is Daniel or any other player, you have to look at it."

Owner John Henry, who sanctioned previous manager Kenny Dalglish's huge summer spending spree 12 months ago, also hinted that Liverpool would be more than willing to sell at the right price in order to raise funds.

"I don't have a bucket load of money to go and get in a load of players. We have to be strategic."
Rodgers sound's like a bit of a ****.He is almost robbing his previous club on the cheap and taking their star players and Is comparing Aggers fee to Thiago Silva's.I hope we pay nothing above 18 or 20 at the most.

Salar said:
jrb said:

All over News Now.

Rodger's speaks.

Rodgers sound's like a bit of a ****.He is almost robbing his previous club on the cheap and taking their star players and Is comparing Aggers fee to Thiago Silva's.I hope we pay nothing above 18 or 20 at the most.

I think its a very comparable situation.
Both of the same age, both wanted by a mega-rich club, both quality players. If Thiago Silva went for €42m, there's no reason to suggest Liverpool shouldn't look at that and say Agger is worth a similar amount.

And how is trying to sign Allen for £12-15m ish 'almost robbing'?

Adbs said:
Salar said:
jrb said:

All over News Now.

Rodger's speaks.

I think its a very comparable situation.
Both of the same age, both wanted by a mega-rich club, both quality players. If Thiago Silva went for €42m, there's no reason to suggest Liverpool shouldn't look at that and say Agger is worth a similar amount.

And how is trying to sign Allen for £12-15m ish 'almost robbing'?

I agree, Scousers never "almost" rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.