Daniel Agger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Agger Bid

Ok , i think liverpool is offering a new contract to agger and skrtel and it seems they are going to accept it , so if we want to buy him then anything less than £25m will be rejected

I think there is very little chance that we are going to buy him so maybe we should look for other players

Agger isn't 'better' than Lescott. Both are very good CBs.. Agger would be a great addition to our squad.

I'd like to think 15m plus Kolo would tempt them to agree. They get a pretty decent replacement plus 15m for Rogers to do a Dalgliesh with.

Mister Appointment said:
I think Agger is a very good defender, but realistically if we sign him then one of either him or JL are going to be very upset as they'll be spending an awful lot of time on the bench. I would prefer we signed someone younger who'd be happy to be a squad player. Lescott had a very good season last season and deserves his place alongside Vinny at the start of next season.

I think that's why we bought Savic. And look how it turned out last season. Can't see us buying another unproven young CB. It has to be someone proven like Agger, if we want to play it safe that is.

bluebannana said:
if lescotts worth 22m ( btw he is a great player) then surely agger must be worth about 25 m, no way will we get him for 16m

add in the fact he doesnt want to leave liverpool, its gonna be tricky

If these rumors are true, he did ask to leave Liverpool. Probably using the same reason as RVP, to win trophies..Although it can easily be a tactic to get a better contract out of Liverpool..

I'd like to think the club is waiting to see if Agger comes out publicly and says he either wants to stay at Liverpool or wants to leave before they bid for a third time.

We need another quality CB, and Agger would certainly fit the bill, my only concern regarding Agger is his injury record! And it may not be a popular decision on here but I think he is a level above Lescott! Lescott is class and him and Kompany have been superb, but a CB pairing of Kompany and Agger would be out of this world!

Watched this site for a couple of years now and only just started to post any kind of comment but in my opinion there's no real point in any kind of swap deal with AJ as it'll only come back and bite us on the arse!

If we're to get a CB then he has to be top draw - lets not piss about buying young hopefuls, we've got that already, we need experience. It's going to be a long season and we've got a lot of journos, other clubs and the rags watchin' our every move, just waiting for us to slip up - one hit wonders lines are probably already written!

If we're to defend the title and move on in Europe then we need reliable quality throughout the first team and the bench - no question

Sign Agger, we know what he can do and he has premier league experience - in fact, why not tempt Vidic with a big money offer? That'd put the cat among the pigeons or at least force the rags to break the bank to keep him (which they can't afford to do!)

Either way TRUST MANCINI !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.