Daniel Agger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Agger Bid

Salford_Blue said:
Cheadle Blue said:
Kun Aguero said:
Please let it happen, the 2nd best centre back in the league.

i was thinking along similar lines, other than Vinnie, and vidic (when fit) who is the next best? skrtel and agger were pretty immense last year for the dippers

Last season, Liverpool finished 37 points behind us. He is good, but isn't as good as Lescott.

I fail to understand why some people don't rate Joleon. What has he got to do to impress you guys?

I'm sure I recall Kompany saying that when he and Lescott have played together over the last two seasons, they have over 35 clean sheets!!!

Words fail me at times.

Where did i say i didn't rate lescott? he's been fantastic for us, im not doubting that, just asking who (in other peoples opinion) is / are the best CB's in the prem. and i said vinnie and vidic

Salford_Blue said:
Last season, Liverpool finished 37 points behind us. He is good, but isn't as good as Lescott.

Much lower caliber players around him though. And despite that Liverpool conceded the joint-3rd fewest amount goals in the league thanks largely to Skrtel/Agger who were a very good partnership. Put Agger in a better team and he'll be even better.

I fail to understand why some people don't rate Joleon. What has he got to do to impress you guys?

Lescott is a quality defender, but there is no rule we should only have two, many teams have more than two really good defenders. If Kompany was ruled out for the season tomorrow we most likely wouldn't win the league. Agger will allow us to rotate our defenders more, allowing us to rest Kompany more often, and also pressuring Lescott to keep performing well. Whichever out of Lescott and Agger would end up the pseudo-#3 choice would still play tons of games.

Salford_Blue said:
Cheadle Blue said:
Kun Aguero said:

i was thinking along similar lines, other than Vinnie, and vidic (when fit) who is the next best? skrtel and agger were pretty immense last year for the dippers

I'm sure I recall Kompany saying that when he and Lescott have played together over the last two seasons, they have over 35 clean sheets!!!

Words fail me at times.

LoLiveropool finished 7th because of they couldn't score in a brothel, they were in the top 4 for least goals conceded, I'd argue Skirtel's better too but I'd prefer to go with Lescott because him and Kompany have build up a partnership like Camelgob and Vidic, Bruce and Pallister, Carvalho and Terry.

Cheadle Blue said:
Salford_Blue said:
Cheadle Blue said:

Words fail me at times.

Where did i say i didn't rate lescott? he's been fantastic for us, im not doubting that, just asking who (in other peoples opinion) is / are the best CB's in the prem. and i said vinnie and vidic

Maybe I was reading between the lines when you named four CBs but didn't name Lescott. If I misinterpreted, I apologise.

Salford_Blue said:
Cheadle Blue said:
Salford_Blue said:

Words fail me at times.

Maybe I was reading between the lines when you named four CBs but didn't name Lescott. If I misinterpreted, I apologise.

No worries mate, my only criticism of JL is his distribution, apart from that, he's been top draw. IMHO the way we play, our CB's need to be able to pass the ball well. so someone like hummels, agger would fit the bill

I think about 15mil is a fair price in the current market! I like him and if he wants to leave the club i dont think the pool have much choice. Liverpool will know next year the bids will be half that! But did he not say after the euros he was happy to sort out a new contract? Think de rossi is a no go, signed a new deal in jan and is the hometown hero plus roma broke the bank (rumoured to be on 150k-180k a week) to keep him. Would love him though!lol

Salford_Blue said:
Cheadle Blue said:
Kun Aguero said:

Words fail me at times.

This! Totally agree. Lescott is class!

Will be very happy if this comes off, but won't be fussed if it doesn't. Only because I am Rekik fan boy and I think he is ready to be chucked in the deep end.

doomuk said:
Salford_Blue said:
Cheadle Blue said:

Words fail me at times.

This! Totally agree. Lescott is class!

Lescott is a far far better defender than Agger & better than most. In football terms Agger is better on the ball but he is not & never will be as strong as a defender.

We do have a situation where we could once again find ourselves with no cover, so we either gamble on getting away with Savic (imo if he plays a decent number of games it will cost us every competition he plays in ) hoping Micah can step in, or we sign another cb.

If we sign someone like Agger, we will have to play him sometimes in place of Lescott or Vinny, to give him enough games to keep him happy. That again weakens the team but that's the catch 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.