Daniel Sturridge

He's great as winger especially when he uses his right foot, problem is he don't want to play there even though he has no real competition in that position for club and country.

He played winger against us and was the only played to embarrass Clichy last season, skinned him in the attack that led to their goal.

I don't think he's as great as a winger & I fully understand why he's not interested in playing there. Defensive responsibilties, restriction of movement to one side of the pitch, playing wide means he has to play on the touchline outside the box.
Defenders usher him wider, he's not really a crosser of the ball

It just completely inhibits his game, to where people for instance think he can't pass.

Sturridge is great in the box, he loves to play on the channels to use his pace, but, crucially doesn't want to be restricted there. Obviously down the middle as well on the shoulders of the defender he uses his electric pace to great effect on the counter when he is central.
He drops deep & finds teammates well, he likes to slow dribble across the park
His game just becomes so much more 3D when played as a striker.

He can do one.

Greedy and not good enough to justify it. He's also a one trick pony, watch him do that little stepover, cut and shot over and over.

His only position for me should be a centre forward. He is capable on the wing but i dont think he has the intelligence or the awareness of his teammates to play there, his only thought is to cut inside and shoot.

He is a striker who is greedy for goals, so thats where he should play. he'd score goals for fun with good service.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.