Daniel Sturridge

I don't think we'd have first option since Chelsea didn't have to negotiate with us to sign him.

He's currently in Jamaica with Micah on holiday but I think that will be the closest he gets to being with our players again tbh.

Andouble said:
I don't think we'd have first option since Chelsea didn't have to negotiate with us to sign him.

They did, as he was under 21 and had to negotiate compensation. £7 million, if I remember correctly.

We could sign SWP back at the same time & put a bid in for Walcott.

Then, instead of passing to each other, our forwards could just take it in turns to charge head first toward the opponents goal and shoot from whatever direction they end up facing.

It would save Mancini hours trying to make us play this 'football' shit that we attempt now.

Goal.com reckons we would like Sturridge for 10m.

Wait...was I the late one?

carlos92 said:
We messed him about to be fair, and when Chelsea came into the bidding he decided that would be for the best. However in hindsight it was a bad career choice despite being loaned out to Bolton. He might have the first option coming back to City but I will see him going to a higher tier club but not to a Champions League chasing club just yet.

Messed him about? We offered him £30k pw & he wanted £60k, then we offered £50k give or take after weeks of negotiations & he fucked us off to sign for Chelsea at £55k pw! He was greedy, at the time he was only breaking through & thought he was the dogs bollocks so demanded a high wage. Look how Richards has turned out, he put a shift in, kept quiet when dropped & now he's a regular in our squad rotation & is paid accordingly.
I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club tbh, he had his chance & jumped ship. If & I mean "if" he did want to come I'd only offer him the original £50k pw he turned down to leave, & not a penny more. See what his reaction to that is. Like you say Bolton would of been a good choice for him, he should of stayed another season & then assessed his future. I can see him ending up at Liverpool or Newcastle & both would be about right for humid say.

Sturridge will end up playing at some club like Norwich soon.
I said so when he left and I still do.
His career has gone backwards.

I certainly don't want him back at City.

denislawsbackheel said:
Sturridge will end up playing at some club like Norwich soon.
I said so when he left and I still do.
His career has gone backwards.

I certainly don't want him back at City.

I dont think so..

lionheart said:
daxman said:
Sturridge is such a poor player, I don't know why we would want him back. Awful decision maker, and a personal glory hunter.
And how many posts have you made on here? Another Newbie with a distorted opinion. On another thread, you described Dzeko as being Serbia's best. For goodness sake, check your facts before writing. Anyway, on the subject of Danny Boy, If Roberto wants him, then we should get behind the lad. If he doesn't, then we should move on.
Whether one post or 60000, it changes absolutely little. He plays brainlessly. Always has. Did at Bolton, and continues to do so at Chelsea. He takes the ball, dribble 2 players and blasts a shot. it matters not whether he is at the corner line, the center circle, or being blocked by 3 other players. He was selfish at City, Selfish at Bolton, and continues to be selfish at Chelsea. Sure, he scores some, but he would kill many more chances than he scores.

It seems a lot of CIty fans still see football, like it was 6 years ago, when anyone with skill, who scores is a plus. We are not that team anymore. There is a basic level of intelligence that is required to play for CIty now. It is the same darned reason why AJ isn't so successful at City.

Put AJ on Bolton, and he will score 8 in 12 easy! Check AJ's stats, his production per minute played is incredible, yet he gets little playing time because he makes too many poor decisions on a precision team. AJ is twice the player Sturridge is "decision making" wise. Yet the coaching crew deem him a liability often inspite of his talents on the ball. Sturridge might be quicker, more athletic, and as good as a dribbler. But he is a shittier passer, a shittier decision maker, and has poor movements off the ball.

Why anyone will conclude he will be good for us, blows my mind. Let Chelsea add one or two more intelligent players, and watch how quickly Sturridge becomes their AJ, The guy you throw on because he can pull a rabbit out of a hat, but you don't view as a trusted fulltimer.

LoveCity said:
Academy front three in the Carling Cup would be great and answer a lot of our critics.

Sturridge ---- Guidetti ---- Suarez

Suarez has been playing left-wing for Spain U19s so could play there or regular attacking midfielder.

Why do some think Gudietti is PL champions level striker? I think he way too slow to play for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.