Daniel Sturridge

Marvin said:
BlueBilly said:
Rammyblues said:
Irrespective of my feelings on the lad and his ability wasn't it David Silva who was raving over him at the start of last season and when Mancini arrived I am sure it was reported that he was in disbelief that City had let him go. Also been told that subsequent to that an internal enquiry held at the club as to why he left and to ensure it wouldn't happen again. I think it was also reported Mancini asked Sturridge himself why he left the club at one of our matches. Whether we as fans want hiom or not it seems Mancini likes what he sees and maybe sees something in him we don't. I know he moaned about everything but if he returns I won't be popping the champagne cork but neither will I be disheartened.

Sums up my feelings pretty well. A good player, still young enough to develop further. He'd only be a squad player if he came here but after losing SWP, Onuoha and with Michael Johnson's career as good as over, we do need players who qualify as club grown as the only other one we've got is Richards. I think I'd probably take him for £10m.
He'd be mad to move to City. Nil chance of him being 5th in line at City after a lifetime of being on the fringe. If he moves it will be too play regularly

I'd have thought he'd have a chance now at Chelsea. All their strikers have gone: Anelka, Drogba, Kalou. All that's left is Torres and Sturridge. Surely he has a chance at last.

I like him as a player, but I like our 4 even more
They still have lukaku...

And hazard, marin who are competing for the wide places, as it is likely that they will stick to 433. Also rumoured to be signing hulk, if that happens i Really think he will leave.

If he did come then hopefully he'd take on board the advice that AJ obviously hasn't from Mancini. Then he could become a top player

mansour's tow ropes said:
Marvin said:
BlueBilly said:
Sums up my feelings pretty well. A good player, still young enough to develop further. He'd only be a squad player if he came here but after losing SWP, Onuoha and with Michael Johnson's career as good as over, we do need players who qualify as club grown as the only other one we've got is Richards. I think I'd probably take him for £10m.
He'd be mad to move to City. Nil chance of him being 5th in line at City after a lifetime of being on the fringe. If he moves it will be too play regularly

I'd have thought he'd have a chance now at Chelsea. All their strikers have gone: Anelka, Drogba, Kalou. All that's left is Torres and Sturridge. Surely he has a chance at last.

I like him as a player, but I like our 4 even more
They still have lukaku...

And hazard, marin who are competing for the wide places, as it is likely that they will stick to 433. Also rumoured to be signing hulk, if that happens i Really think he will leave.
Lukaku? Do me a favour. I doubt they'd let Sturridge go after the departure of Kalou, Anelka and Drogba. What happens if Torres got injured, or his poor form continues? You can't go into a new season, hoping to compete in 4 competitions with one central striker. Maybe Hulk will play central

We are linked with a lot of talented players who seem to have a big ego but a very disruptive attitude.
It would be be a real test for the team management keeping the the likes of Guidetti, Balo or Sturridge happy when they are demanding regular games and very unhappy sitting on the bench.
Surely our starting pair will usually be Aguero and another from Tevez/Dzeko/RVP.
The Tevez incident at Bayern was partly due to poor communication, a disruptive attitude and festering discontent at lack of playing time.
Some people think we would not have won the PL if Balo had not been side lined with his sending off against Arsenal.
The attitude of all our players is critical for squad harmony.

Plain Speaking said:
We are linked with a lot of talented players who seem to have a big ego but a very disruptive attitude.
It would be be a real test for the team management keeping the the likes of Guidetti, Balo or Sturridge happy when they are demanding regular games and very unhappy sitting on the bench.
Surely our starting pair will usually be Aguero and another from Tevez/Dzeko/RVP.
The Tevez incident at Bayern was partly due to poor communication, a disruptive attitude and festering discontent at lack of playing time.
Some people think we would not have won the PL if Balo had not been side lined with his sending off against Arsenal.
Attitude of our players was in the end a big part of why we won. Great response after Arsenal defeat by everyone. Contrast that to Utd. They think they threw it away through complacency.

I agree with your reading of Tevez at Bayern. Don't think Mancini handled that too well, and obviously some pre-existing tension between player and manager. I hope manager and player have learned from the experience

Marvin said:
Plain Speaking said:
Attitude of our players was in the end a big part of why we won. Great response after Arsenal defeat by everyone. Contrast that to Utd. They think they threw it away through complacency.

I agree with your reading of Tevez at Bayern. Don't think Mancini handled that too well, and obviously some pre-existing tension between player and manager. I hope manager and player have learned from the experience
I agree, our attitude and team ethic was critical but RM played less players in the run in than at any other time during the campaign.
Did Balo's suspension actually help our team?
We have to be very careful with the players who we recruit. I am a great believer in team spirit and harmony.

Would be surprised if Sturridge signs for us. Just don't think he will get the number of games he would want.

Can someone close this thread?

We shouldn't want this clown anywhere near our club again - we did the right thing getting shot of him in the first place.

Thinks far too much of himself, and has an arrogance which is way over his ability.

If he's not good enough to hold a place in a Chelsea team that finished 4th - why should the Champions want him?????

I'd be happy to see him back. Got a lot of ability and so long as he would be happy to play in a wider position think he could be very successful here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.