Daniel Sturridge

Monkfish said:
Well he clearly isnt a shit player, but he would be less likely to figure as a first team regular for us than Chelsea, so not sure why he would want to swap one bench for another
£££££££ increase thats why!

Irrespective of my feelings on the lad and his ability wasn't it David Silva who was raving over him at the start of last season and when Mancini arrived I am sure it was reported that he was in disbelief that City had let him go. Also been told that subsequent to that an internal enquiry held at the club as to why he left and to ensure it wouldn't happen again. I think it was also reported Mancini asked Sturridge himself why he left the club at one of our matches. Whether we as fans want hiom or not it seems Mancini likes what he sees and maybe sees something in him we don't. I know he moaned about everything but if he returns I won't be popping the champagne cork but neither will I be disheartened.

dillbi95 said:
Monkfish said:
Well he clearly isnt a shit player, but he would be less likely to figure as a first team regular for us than Chelsea, so not sure why he would want to swap one bench for another
£££££££ increase thats why!

I'd only sign him (if it was up to me) on the basis he took the £50k pw he refused when we tried to keep him last time. In no way would I want us paying him more with him trying to be greedy in the past. We wernt good enough for him a few years back so why now?

No longer good enough for us......we will only get 2 or 3 players this window and they must be the very best quality to improve the team

To be honest I would not take him back, yes he does have potential but lets not forget that he decided we were not the club for him and stated he wanted playing time and a bigger wage packet than his ability demands (ala Hazard)

He would struggle even more to get into our squad but as it seems Bobby rates him highly still you never know!!!!!

Rammyblues said:
Irrespective of my feelings on the lad and his ability wasn't it David Silva who was raving over him at the start of last season and when Mancini arrived I am sure it was reported that he was in disbelief that City had let him go. Also been told that subsequent to that an internal enquiry held at the club as to why he left and to ensure it wouldn't happen again. I think it was also reported Mancini asked Sturridge himself why he left the club at one of our matches. Whether we as fans want hiom or not it seems Mancini likes what he sees and maybe sees something in him we don't. I know he moaned about everything but if he returns I won't be popping the champagne cork but neither will I be disheartened.

Sums up my feelings pretty well. A good player, still young enough to develop further. He'd only be a squad player if he came here but after losing SWP, Onuoha and with Michael Johnson's career as good as over, we do need players who qualify as club grown as the only other one we've got is Richards. I think I'd probably take him for £10m.

No thank you!

Not as good as 'any' of our current four strikers.

Edin is twice the player Sturridge is.

BlueBilly said:
Rammyblues said:

Sums up my feelings pretty well. A good player, still young enough to develop further. He'd only be a squad player if he came here but after losing SWP, Onuoha and with Michael Johnson's career as good as over, we do need players who qualify as club grown as the only other one we've got is Richards. I think I'd probably take him for £10m.
He'd be mad to move to City. Nil chance of him being 5th in line at City after a lifetime of being on the fringe. If he moves it will be too play regularly

I'd have thought he'd have a chance now at Chelsea. All their strikers have gone: Anelka, Drogba, Kalou. All that's left is Torres and Sturridge. Surely he has a chance at last.

I like him as a player, but I like our 4 even more

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.