Daniel Sturridge

samharris said:
mancblue said:
The guy is a dickhead, left on bad terms and always will be on bad terms. He had the opportunity at the time to sign a deal with us, he didn't and opted for more wages. I don't think he is as good as he thinks he is.

Sturridge is the type of player that if hed scored against QPR to make it 2-2 hed have spent 2 minutes soaking up the applause on his knees by the corner flag..

Dzeko just got on with it.
Haha

With the possible transfer of hazard to chelsea does this mean we may go for sturridge ?

bluebannana said:
With the possible transfer of hazard to chelsea does this mean we may go for sturridge ?

I think he's more on a Tottenham or Liverpool level

Tbh this is what baffles me why we let Onouha go for just £2.5m. He's no worse than any other top teams 4th choice CB and he could put in a shift at RB also. He's pretty much a guaranteed starter for a mid-low table PL club and you can't seriously get a lot better than that for 4th choice backup CB and squad player.

Add to that he's a blue, was probably not on huge wages and an academy graduate who counts towards CL squads it seems daft we didn't keep him. I'm pretty sure if BM had been bothered he could have improved him as a defender, it's not like he was thick or anything. Put it this way, I'd have been happier with Ned in the CB position than Savic (or even Kolo) when we had the Kompany sending off.

I could live with Bellamy and Adebayor going but this is one transfer I think BM did the wrong thing, if he can forgive and make up with Tevez then he could have sorted things out with Ned.

what you all wanted to hear from the Daily Star

MANCHESTER CITY READY IF DANIEL STURRIDGE QUITS CHELSEA

ABOVE: If Sturridge decides he has to move on, Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini will sit up and given that Chelsea also have Fernando Torres, Juan Mata, Ramires, Florent Malouda and Romelu Lukaku fighting for the attacking positions – and Brazil’s Hulk could be on the way, too – Sturridge looks unlikely to get as many games as he would like
3rd June 2012 By Hetho: Our man in the know

DANIEL STURRIDGE’S future at Chelsea is in increasing doubt as a result of the European champions’ early transfer business.

Sturridge, 22 lost his place in the starting line-up last season and his chances of regaining it have not been helped by the signings of German ace Marko Marin and now Belgium star Eden Hazard.

As he also failed to make England’s squad for Euro 2012, it’s believed that Sturridge is considering his options.

Marin, 23, is arriving at Stamford Bridge in a £6million deal from Werder Bremen and is confident that he will force his way into the side.

And at £30m, Hazard certainly can expect plenty of starts after Chelsea won their battle with the Manchester clubs for Lille’s wonder boy.

Given that Chelsea also have Fernando Torres, Juan Mata, Ramires, Florent Malouda and Romelu Lukaku fighting for the attacking positions – and Brazil’s Hulk could be on the way, too – Sturridge looks unlikely to get as many games as he would like.

If Sturridge decides he has to move on, Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini will sit up and take note.

As reported previously in this column, the Italian coach was dismayed that Sturridge was allowed to leave City for Chelsea before his arrival at the club.

The Stamford Bridge club won the battle for Hazard, 21, not only because they captured the Champions League and the underlying appeal that created but for financial reasons, too.

Hazard’s £8m-a-year wages weren’t a problem and Chelsea also struck a deal with his agent, John Bico.

He wanted £6m for his part in the switch and Chelsea reached a compromise agreement, whereas City and United felt they were paying enough with the fee and Hazard’s wages

Well he clearly isnt a shit player, but he would be less likely to figure as a first team regular for us than Chelsea, so not sure why he would want to swap one bench for another

Worst Case Ontario said:
Shit player with head bigger than balls
Don't be silly. He is by no means a ''shit player''. Have you not seen Lee Cattermole, or the Liverpool incarnations of Downing, Henderson, Carroll and Adam? Now; they are shit players. I would agree re. the comment about him having a big head though. What's that old saying; ''His ego writes cheques that his talent can't cash''.

Would he seriously push any of those we already have or better still dislodge them? We need better than what we have, better now and hungry now, not more bit-part players with potential.

Not good enough to get in the starting line up at Chelsea so he would come to City? Lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.